Carolina Crown

DISCLAIMER: THIS POST IS NOT TO START A FIGHT (of course that is near impossible of dcp)

Ok, so here's the deal...I am NOT a drum corps rookie. I have been around the activity since I was 5. I understand show design and such. But I'm not seeing it in Crown's shows. I want to like Crown and all I hear are amazing things about their shows...but I just don't get it. Someone PLEASE explain what is so fabulous about them, show me videos sound clips anything just help me because all I get from their shows is that they are OK at the max and underwhelming. I must be missing something.

Why do you seem to have this compelling need to be persuaded to like something that you don't like ? And if you think I 'm interested in trying to persuade you to like something that you don't like, given the choice, I 'd rather try to spin you to sleep, SpinMeToSleep.

• Like 8

DISCLAIMER: THIS POST IS NOT TO START A FIGHT (of course that is near impossible of dcp)

Ok, so here's the deal...I am NOT a drum corps rookie. I have been around the activity since I was 5. I understand show design and such. But I'm not seeing it in Crown's shows. I want to like Crown and all I hear are amazing things about their shows...but I just don't get it. Someone PLEASE explain what is so fabulous about them, show me videos sound clips anything just help me because all I get from their shows is that they are OK at the max and underwhelming. I must be missing something.

*shrugs* People like different things. If you don't enjoy what Crown's creative staff comes up with, that's fine. Lots of people do.

Have you seen Crown perform live? Live, their brass and Klesch's arrangements are the part that moves me the most, but then I'm a brass player.

I also appreciated their tributes and honor (direct and indirect) of DCI history in the 2007-2009 shows.

But in the end, it's fine if you don't like their shows. :thumbup:

• Like 4

Crown has drawn a lot of talent the last few years and the horns sound good. That is all. And Waffles....

• Like 3

Why do you seem to have this compelling need to be persuaded to like something that you don't like ? And if you think I 'm interested in trying to persuade you to like something that you don't like, given the choice, I 'd rather try to spin you to sleep, SpinMeToSleep.

Compelling need? I guess you can call wanting to expand your knowledge and taste a compelling need. Usually Crown threads have so much fighting I can't pick anything constructive out of them. I figured starting a non-confrontational thread might help. My bad.

• Like 3

well if it makes you feel better, Crown's design has kept them from realistically challenging for the title.

I would not say this in the Crown thread during the season soccerguy315. I have been saying this for a few years now and get blasted because I have suggested that they make some staff changes and sparring matches followed. I agree with you. I believe Crown would have had a much better chance of winning if they had a few different staff at this point.

• Like 4

I would not say this in the Crown thread during the season soccerguy315. I have been saying this for a few years now and get blasted because I have suggested that they make some staff changes and sparring matches followed. I agree with you. I believe Crown would have had a much better chance of winning if they had a few different staff at this point.

Really? My recollection is we had a pretty civil exchange last season.

Now in the 2011 thread there were some fireworks between you and a few FMMs.

Edited by corpsband
  • Like 4