Sound Sport ATL

Mods, I apologize if this is not the appropriate place for this topic and understand if it needs to move. This was the best place I thought to place it per previous Sound Sport discussions.

CtbJnu1l.png

I am pleased to announce that Sound Sport's first group in the Southeast United States will be headquartered in Atlanta, GA. Sound Sport Atlanta has been a project in motion since the very day DCI announced the new format. Over the coming months, we will be working closely with DCI to ensure the combined success of Sound Sport Atlanta as well as the activity as a whole. Many of the details are still to be determined, but the initial image for this group is a 40+ member brass ensemble with additional rhythm section and conductor. Current prospective members include veterans of such drum corps as Carolina Crown, Madison Scouts, Cadets, Blue Stars, Spirit of Atlanta, Glassmen, Teal Sound, Star of Indiana, and even a few members of the most recent touring cast of BLAST. In addition, World Class staff members have made themselves available for instruction and consultation. The future looks very bright.

Personally, as a drum corps veteran but non-musical professional, I am excited to get the ball rolling on a new creative outlet for musicians everywhere, especially those in pageantry. In addition to providing a home for age-outs, down the road we intend to help the next generation of talented drum corps participants in the Atlanta area prepare themselves for the demands - physically, musically and otherwise - of World Class junior drum corps tour. Sound Sport is the perfect way to grow drum corps and provide drum corps vets a creative outlet after they age-out.

We have setup Facebook and Twitter pages for any and all current communications. Please take a moment to consider following us and continuing to support music and music education!

http://www.facebook.com/SoundSportAtl

http://twitter.com/SoundSportATL

Have an idea? Interested in more information or participation? Send us an email at soundsportatl@gmail.com! We look forward to hearing from you.

Best,

Jordan Walker

Edited by CrownLeadSop
  • Like 9

I'm hyping this! I wish you a great beginning. I can certainly see myself involved someday in the rhythm section.

Edited by Tyler C.

This is exactly the kind of enthusiastic response I was hoping to hear about. Good luck and please encourage other groups in your region to do likewise. Keep us informed how it's going. :thumbup:

Thank you both for the support. Boo - I'll be sure to do so. I thought this might pique your interest!

It certainly did. Please tell anyone else who's interested that much smaller groups may also take the plunge.

Not to steal away SS-ATL's great announcement, but I've now presented DLB to three band directors in my area (central Ohio) and all three said "Yep, we're in!" We're shooting for 10 ensembles to compete.

The stage will be our Dublin, Ohio show on July 30th.

The response has been terrific, with all three talking about SS ensembles as well.

This is gonna be a hoot!

Edited by garfield
  • Like 5

Not to steal away SS-ATL's great announcement, but I've now presented DLB to three band directors in my area (central Ohio) and all three said "Yep, we're in!" We're shooting for 10 ensembles to compete.

The stage will be our Dublin, Ohio show on July 30th.

The response has been terrific, with all three talking about SS ensembles as well.

This is gonna be a hoot!

Great news! Make sure to take lots of pictures and video and show everyone outside of Ohio what this thing can be!

• Like 1

I dig this, from what I'm hearing this will be a great group to start this DCI senior mini-corps stuff off. When I move to Georgia this summer I will be definitely checking this out.

• Like 1

This group is going to be a force to be reckoned with. I'm very excited to see how it develops.

• Like 1