Long Awaited Trivia

Tyler Stewart, lead drummer for the Rock Group " Bare Naked Ladies " once played in the Ambassadors Drum & Bugle Corps of Ontario Canada, but not sure if he played drums, or bugles ( or guard )then. Is it him ?

he was in the drum line, played tymps one year, which would be after the pti was created. I think he also played snare one year too.

Regards,

John

No. A hint:

What I'm looking for involves the Anaheim Kingsmen, who won the show.

From the spectators sitting in the stands, there were more watching the Kingsmen warm up behind the stands than watching the Queen City Cadets on the field.

Edited by DAvery

This is common place today, but it was unheard of in the early days of DCI.. This didn't happen again in a DCI-sanctioned contest until the 1975 season.

Anaheim Kingsmen left the stadium in busses, and before the scores were announced, to their next show right after they performed but left the DM and Corps Director behind ( or some other staff ) for retreat and scores and to later catch up to their Corps via auto or equipment truck ?

Edited by BRASSO

From the spectators sitting in the stands, there were more watching the Kingsmen warm up behind the stands than watching the Queen City Cadets on the field.

No. It may have happened, though.

Anaheim Kingsmen left the stadium in busses, and before the scores were announced, to their next show right after they performed but left the DM and Corps Director behind ( or some other staff ) for retreat and scores and to later catch up to their Corps via auto or equipment truck ?

And no.

No. It may have happened, though.

And no.

We need more hints.

We need more hints.

Instead of more hints, I think I'll end this one. I don't think this particular contest shows up anywhere online, so trying to guess the answer could take awhile.

The Kingsmen scored 90.15 at the West Milton show, and nobody would hit the 90-point mark again in a "real" junior contest until 1975. The 90-point mark was reached at West Allis, WI, but those contests were essentially held on a racetrack.

90 points was a HUGE score in 1972. I remember when Anaheim scored 88 at the US Open finals the day prior to West Milton it completely shocked everybody in the stands.

Somebody else can start the next quiz.

Edited by Northern Thunder

Gary, are you going by how many contests were scheduled? There was not yet any complete source of contest info in '79 to say definitively how many contests were held.

My archive has scores for 317 separate junior contests for 1979, and I know that isn't a complete tally.

it is amazing how many junior contests there were in those days,.............I was also including senior corps shows as well,..........