Another Cadets2 ?

There's no reason why DCA couldn't host a Championship weekend for "juniors" at a date earlier than Labor Day if there were enough participants.

Interesting idea!

Maybe an all-age corps or two could also perform at that show in exhibition.

There's no reason why DCA couldn't host a Championship weekend for "juniors" at a date earlier than Labor Day if there were enough participants.

but that is already being done, it is called DCI,...........tho the question of enough participants continually comes into question year after year,...... you see, there are some junior corps that almost do a weekend only format with limitted touring for finals, but they do not fit into or cannot sustain the DCI touring model, and don't really see themselves ever getting to a million dollar annual budget level, so many have died on the vine,...............

but that is already being done, it is called DCI,...........tho the question of enough participants continually comes into question year after year,...... you see, there are some junior corps that almost do a weekend only format with limitted touring for finals, but they do not fit into or cannot sustain the DCI touring model, and don't really see themselves ever getting to a million dollar annual budget level, so many have died on the vine,...............

I've been saying it here for years, and I believe it now more than ever: the future of DCI Open Class corps isn't in DCI, it's in DCA. I just hope DCA is ready when the influx of corps happens, and it *is* coming.

I just hope DCA is ready when the influx of corps happens...

Well, that's the rub, ain't it? Will the DCA leadership be agile enough to adapt to a sudden shift? Or will they be left standing scratching their heads, wondering what happened to "their" organization?

I've been saying it here for years, and I believe it now more than ever: the future of DCI Open Class corps isn't in DCI, it's in DCA. I just hope DCA is ready when the influx of corps happens, and it *is* coming.

I can dig it,............I would assert that if the major shift happens, it would actually help all of the DCA regions, and not be a problem at all.........right now, many shows have difficulty in filling the showbill with competing corps,...........

Well, that's the rub, ain't it? Will the DCA leadership be agile enough to adapt to a sudden shift? Or will they be left standing scratching their heads, wondering what happened to "their" organization?

well,...........I see this as a good problem, that DCA would/should be eager to work through,..............

That is true, and that leads to the idea of a true DCA Junior division as opposed to them competing a la C2.

which fits the model that the G7 envision...that DCI does not provide 'service' to the Open class corps, that they are best served outside of DCI. the G7 see it as regional circuits, but DCA would also fit the bill as a weekend-only option, if DCA is able to logistically (and financially) accept the idea.

• Like 1

which fits the model that the G7 envision...that DCI does not provide 'service' to the Open class corps, that they are best served outside of DCI. the G7 see it as regional circuits, but DCA would also fit the bill as a weekend-only option, if DCA is able to logistically (and financially) accept the idea.

not sure what the financial hardship on DCA would be,.........could you please elaborate?