Judges Tapes

Ok, the thread is in hijack mode. Back to the subject at hand. 1987 judges tapes?

Have you contacted the corps directly? Or the designers/techs? Beyond them, I can't really see how you would find them unless they got in the hands of some members.

Professional archivist here--if you have judges' tapes/mp3s/wav files, I urge you to save them! Those recordings, in my opinion, are very much of value to the activity. They provide a record of not only a corps's show content and performance (which tends to change in repertoire and/or execution level as a season progresses), but also an analysis of how judging has changed over the years. Not to mention the fact that these records become part of an "oral history" of someone's judging career.

If you have recordings such as these, consider sharing them with the corps in the footage. Many corps have gaps in their collections, and many corps do not maintain an archives at all!

• Like 1

Here is a link to a recording of Star 93 made by someone from the front sideline (off center).....there are some ensemble things that are apparent as a result of the proximity of this recording As center snare from this line, I really appreciate this recording because you can plainly hear/appreciate what our pit performed.

Star 93

I also have the judges tape and will post that soon.

Oddly enough....we never heard that until well after a year had passed. I happened to be visiting MA and stayed at Hannum's place and asked him for the tape, which he kindly produced without hesitation. I think that we were all pretty satisfied with our memory of what happened, so I guess that nobody really cared about the tape.

I have a percussion Field Judges tape from early august 1982 for the Bluecoats.

Here is a link to a recording of Star 93 made by someone from the front sideline (off center).....there are some ensemble things that are apparent as a result of the proximity of this recording As center snare from this line, I really appreciate this recording because you can plainly hear/appreciate what our pit performed.

Star 93

I also have the judges tape and will post that soon.

Oddly enough....we never heard that until well after a year had passed. I happened to be visiting MA and stayed at Hannum's place and asked him for the tape, which he kindly produced without hesitation. I think that we were all pretty satisfied with our memory of what happened, so I guess that nobody really cared about the tape.

I think the Star 93 Finals judges' tape is online somewhere. I've heard it a few times & it is indeed great stuff

If you're not looking for specific shows, go to the site that used to be banned on here and search drum corps judges tapes, or dci judges tapes and you'll find a fair amount.