Phantom Regiment 2013 (2)

Even as a PR alum, I would have to agree with you. Interesting that you mentioned the lack of flag work, as I've noticed that too. While those Phantomettes are beautiful dancers, there seems to be a bit too much of it in this show and not enough flag work when it is truly needed. During an emotional musical 'high', I'd much rather see a flourish of flag work and color than girls laying on the ground with one leg pointing upwards. I wonder what changed. I wonder if anything will change. This show could be great, but definitely needs a few big PUNCHES of something!

One would think that with a show title Triumphant Journey, that big flourishes of flag work would happen. There's too much ballerina type movement, imo. The only time that I really get excited is in the closer when the flags form a a triangular overlay of the corps. It's very very good. More of this could help in uplifting the show.

With PR in Burlington today...must be at least 100 on the field. They are running from reset to set in ensemble! Some great minor changes...brass much better control...sounding great today! Some great intensity!

01B1AE73-251B-467D-B3E3-DE034CDD1C0B-1840-00000187EFA2A0D1.jpg

With PR in Burlington today...must be at least 100 on the field. They are running from reset to set in ensemble! Some great minor changes...brass much better control...sounding great today! Some great intensity!

01B1AE73-251B-467D-B3E3-DE034CDD1C0B-1840-00000187EFA2A0D1.jpg

Good to hear!!

After "fretting" over the "journey" thus far I went back to last year and watched the early Turandot shows ... and then watched the Bronze Medal winning performace from Finals '12 ...

the productioin has plenty of time to develop into another Regiment classic – look for the addition of more elements (musically and visually) to bring it all together ...

looking forward to tonights' chapter.

SUTA!

Edited by ashevillemurphy
  • Like 1

let's hope they rid of some elements as well. and that the color guard can hold onto their equipment tonight. almost 2 dozen drops last night.

And I really do want them to have a good show, but it's just not happening.

• Like 1

let's hope they rid of some elements as well. and that the color guard can hold onto their equipment tonight. almost 2 dozen drops last night.

And I really do want them to have a good show, but it's just not happening.

Why are you always hating on Regiment? Am I reading this wrong? It seems like all of your posts in threads about Regiment have a negative tilt?

I realize you aren't a Phan... But do your posts need to have such a negative tilt all of the time?

• Like 2

Why are you always hating on Regiment? Am I reading this wrong? It seems like all of your posts in threads about Regiment have a negative tilt?

I realize you aren't a Phan... But do your posts need to have such a negative tilt all of the time?

[/quote

As a matter of fact, I am a fan. Maybe I'm one of the few that's willing to admit the truth. There are some major issues with this show that the designers aren't doing anything about. And after all this is a competition. If they're not worried about being competitive then why are they doing this???

Just look at the breakdown of the scores. Same issues every show that don't seem to improve. PR should be well over 80 by now. So something isn't working.

This group should be a lot better than they are too, considering how many vets there are.

Sorry, just the way I see it. And yes I do hope they make huge improvements, cause they're gonna need it.

Edited by srb30a
  • Like 2

[/quote

As a matter of fact, I am a fan. Maybe I'm one of the few that's willing to admit the truth. There are some major issues with this show that the designers aren't doing anything about. And after all this is a competition. If they're not worried about being competitive then why are they doing this???

Just look at the breakdown of the scores. Same issues every show that don't seem to improve. PR should be well over 80 by now. So something isn't working.

This group should be a lot better than they are too, considering how many vets there are.

Sorry, just the way I see it. And yes I do hope they make huge improvements, cause they're gonna need it.

You've been saying the same types of things for the last couple of years... They seemed to turn out just fine.

Saying "you want them to have a good shoe, but it's just not happening"... "I hope they make huge improvements, cause they're gonna need it"... Get that negativity out of here. Can you just state what you need you feel without the jab at the end? Your little jabs make it seem like you have something personal going on. It seems kind of petty.

• Like 1

OK CAtrumpet, you win. Sorry i offended you. Good luck PR!