Lose the logo

Since starting this thread I have researched and discovered several products that are designed to do what I have suggested....inexpensive and temporary spray products which are biodegradable, sturdy and still easily and quickly removed.

As a marching member this may or may not be an issue with you but as a long time spectator I find it distracting at best. Don't we have sufficent advertising blasting at us from the entire back side of the field? It's a little like going to a broadway play and having the owner of the building's name and large logo in the middle of the back drop.....lose the logo!

If I may be so bold ( an I will be)....

DCI is a guest in this and any stadium. Most likely there is a fee involved in doing so, regardless of how big or small. Since it's such a huge issue to you, why don't you ask DCI what the fee is, and then pay it for them annually.

Then your viewing pleasure will be restored.

• Like 1

Who wants to bet that the DCI administration doesn't really give a #### about the logo... since just about every turf field the corps marches on throughout the season has a logo.

Oh and would you believe that these are fields made for football teams? The stadium was built for a football team to play in believe it or not... (although DCI claims it was built with acoustics and marching in mind HAHA).. and it is just that.. another football field that a football team is very nice to let the band geeks use.

I'll go further...if the corps aren't raising hell, the DCI admin team isn't caring.

I think Atlanta had the logo removed every year I was there, but I think Lucas Oil, San Antonio, and East Rutherford(Giants stadium) had the logo. Same with Buffalo. Seems like standard practice to leave them on there. Also, it is cool to go back and show people when you were on those fields.

in 2001 for the DCA show in Buffalo the day of finals, it was fun to stand on the Bills logo wearing a Cowboys jersey

:devil:/>

Maybe I'm naive, but I'm thinking the right to have any logo appear in view during other facility events has been PAID FOR by someone. If the appearance of such logo is offensive, then YOU must pay EVEN MORE to prohibit it from your view during your event. What am I missing here?