New Uniforms?

Don't most corps get their uniforms for free through a sponsorship with the uniform companies? The uniform companies could probably just write the cost off as donations.

Don't most corps get their uniforms for free through a sponsorship with the uniform companies? The uniform companies could probably just write the cost off as donations.

True for the medalists to an extent, not always. Other corps often don't have that largesse offered or available. I think most corps directors might chuckle as they pull their remaining hairs out.

Crossmen have had the same set of uniforms since 2004. They have had different accents and colors. Mainly the change to just white and black in 08. There were also new uniforms purchased in 2008 but not a full set, just because the corps got bigger. New Aussies and plumes were purchased for the 2011 season, also a color change from black to mostly white (great move, the corps looked so much better on the field). They are now fundraising to purchase new unis for the 2014 season. So they have had the same jackets and pants and overall design since 2004. Same unis for a decade! Through a move and everything. And I have to say they held up great through the hard and careful work of all the volunteers who have ripped them apart and sewed them back together to make sure the corps looks great even though their bodies are constantly morphing through the season! (I know I had many modifications done during the season.. ph34r.gif )

Details on the fundraiser for Crossmen's new uniforms for 2014 (their 40th anniversary) has been posted to their Facebook page several times over the last few weeks - please check it out! You may also go directly to the fundraiser enrollment site: signup.i-texts.com/crossmen . In short, this program costs you nothing if you have an unlimited texting plan. You simply enroll to receive up to a maximum of 3 texts/day from national/regional/local advertisers. If you will build your profile, the texts are matched to your interests. Simply receive opportunities to save money on items you have an interest in and Crossmen receive a donation for every text you receive (NO PURCHASES NECESSARY). Redeem the opportunities you want to utilize, or delete the ones you don't.

https://signup.i-texts.com/index.php?group=crossmen

Edited by HOOKEDBYLEGEND78

Details on the fundraiser for Crossmen's new uniforms for 2014 (their 40th anniversary) has been posted to their Facebook page several times over the last few weeks - please check it out! You may also go directly to the fundraiser enrollment site: signup.i-texts.com/crossmen . In short, this program costs you nothing if you have an unlimited texting plan. You simply enroll to receive up to a maximum of 3 texts/day from national/regional/local advertisers. If you will build your profile, the texts are matched to your interests. Simply receive opportunities to save money on items you have an interest in and Crossmen receive a donation for every text you receive (NO PURCHASES NECESSARY). Redeem the opportunities you want to utilize, or delete the ones you don't.

https://signup.i-tex...?group=crossmen

Thank you for posting... I meant to include this! I have signed up myself. Fred explains it in one of the radio shows also!

Thank you for posting... I meant to include this! I have signed up myself. Fred explains it in one of the radio shows also!

It has been a true honor to work with Fred on this program. He is a class act and was very kind with what he shared on the Bones Hour radio program last week.

There is an emphasis to have people enroll before April 27 to help Crossmen receive additional funding, so please enroll now.

https://signup.i-texts.com/index.php?group=crossmen

The other question I meant to ask was, when the uniforms are done with their cycle with the corps, what's done with them?

The other question I meant to ask was, when the uniforms are done with their cycle with the corps, what's done with them?

See my second post in this thread for some answers. Additionally, Bluecoats just sold their whole recent uniforms to a band in Ohio. Sometimes worthy remnants, whole or in part, are raffled to alums and fans as fundraisers or pirated for other items sold at the souvenir stand at drum corps shows or on the corps' website(s.) Sometimes the old unis are donated to start up units or units from economically challenged regions. Many though, fade away from the exhaustion of many exhilerating summer seasons.

Colts and Colt Cadets are both getting new uniforms this year for their 50th anneversary. CC has been marching in past Colts uniforms, this will be the first time they get their own unique look.

The Colts used overlays for the 2011 Decpetion show, but it was the same "Tiger Stripes" uniform they have used for several years (2007-2012 I think?)

The used uniforms are being sold, anyone interested can contact the office at 563.582.4872 for details (Lots of color guard uniforms and flags avaiable too-just check the website!) In past years some uniform pieces have gone to high schools or other drum corps, lots of the Tiger Stripes jackets are heading to alumni.

We express our sincere appreciation to the Dubuque Racing Association for their $40,000 grant which is making the new uniforms a reality. We still need to fundraise a 25% match to receive the total amount from the DRA. You can dedicate a uniform with a $65 donation to the uniform fund, and a patch with your name will be stitched into a jacket. For more info and links to the new uniforms CLICK HERE

• Like 1

Madison should be debuting there new uniforms at this month's camp, not a lot has been said about them so its still unknown if its an overhaul or just color changes.