What is your (one) favorite drum corps photo?

What is your one favorite drum corps photo? (Not two, not three, not "Well, I couldn't decide, but it's definitely one of these...")

If you had to frame one picture and put it on your wall to remind you of how great/cool/amazing/educational/inspiring drum corps is, which one would it be?

For me, it is this photo, which was taken during the Cadets encore performance after finals in 1998. It's a visual staffer looking for ticks... during the performance after the finals performance where the corps scored a 10.0 in field visual.

Why? Because it reminds me that everything can always be better.

cGInSVS.jpg

• Like 5

Wow, you mean we only get to chose one? That is really tough.

I am going to have to go with the photo of Blue Devils' soprano soloist Jay Long on the cover of the 1983 DCI yearbook. Classic uniform! Great soloist! and unbelievable photo taken in the days of day-time prelims so the colors really pop!

Sorry, I don't have a copy of this photo to share, but it is worth digging for!

“When you get to the end of all the light you know and it's time to step into the darkness of the unknown, faith is knowing that one of two things shall happen: either you will be given something solid to stand on...

4729_1122574340234_2780605_a_zpsfc2b9fe9.jpg

...or you will be taught how to fly.”

• Like 6

I was the photo for the 83 and 84 DCI yearbook pictures of the Freelancers. 83 I was the guy with the curved flag. I have never seen the 84 yearbook picture, but I was told is was another picture of me.

Summer of 2007.

From The Cavaliers' message boards...

"As I sit here on the Forth of July remembering my day in the Dayton area this past Monday and our country remembers another birthday, one of the most wonderful traditions of the drum corps world comes to mind.

The other evening at the show in Centerville, OH, I was on the field getting ready to watch the encore that would be performed by the Cavaliers. The scores from DCI were about ready to be announced and the drum majors from all performing units were "front and center". The scores were announced and the the Cavaliers and Bluecoats hornlines were in arc to perform "America the Beautiful". The announcer invited the drum major of the Bluecoats to conduct while dismissing the other drum majors. One other drum major did not move. The Bluecoats Honor Guard came to the front for the song. The other drum major still did not budge. After the song was played and the announcer said over the PA, "And now all other drum majors are dismissed" and laughed. This drum major was unaffected and stood ground. Others did not get it, but then it hit me. Tradition. The Bluecoats Honor Guard finally started to leave the field, and the "other" drum major followed.

The "other" drum major was the young man from the Troopers following the honor and tradition of the respect of representing his corps and what his corps represents. If I remember correctly, the tradition is never walk in front of the colors when they are being presented, but to let them lead.

It's so nice to know that some things don't change, and probably never will!

It was my honor to witness this and would be proud to do so many more times!

Thank you Mark Crimm.

Bob Cannon

A Longtime Fan from the South"

I'm no good at that insert a picture stuff, but here is the thread from back then with the photo. The pic is on page six.

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/index.php/topic/101151-best-photo-of-the-year/page__st__50

• Like 1

tumblr_mdakfzG7Pd1rh2p76o1_500_zpsca978786.jpg

Love this picture. Shows everything that is still good and right about drum corps

Edited by fsubone
  • Like 3

317297_4705883535492_1461758768_n_zpsf838d3eb.jpg

The final time that Gail Royer conducted Send in the Clowns after Finals in 1992. An end of an era, and a phenomenal man.

• Like 3