Rick Bucklin Passes

We have been informed by his brother Dave, that Rick Bucklin passed away last night. he had a stroke a couple weeks ago and we had all been hoping for a full recovery. Rick Bucklin was a drummer in the Crusaders for many years and became very well known as the voice of Rochester as the announcer at most of the Rochester area corps shows. He was absolutely one of the nicest guys ever to march drum corps and was always there to help - whether it was Vince Bruni, Norm LeFrois, Joe Siracuse or myself - Rick never said no...

This is one that is an exceptionally sad loss for drum corps in Rochester...

To his brother Dave (a well known drum corps guy himself) and all his family, our thoughts and prayers go out... Bucky will be missed...

Edited by TomPeashey

Rest in peace Rick! To Dave and the family, God's comfort!

wow what can i say. bucky was my closest friend in cru. we met in 1968. we marched next to each other for many years. he was a guy that could play with great ease. he was the first tymp we had. he signed on before anybody else. he was a big sweet man. i truly loved this man. a little story..........in 1975 we were at the tournament of drums in rochester. he was announcing the show and was marching the show also. when we were trooping the stands he was in a hurry to get back to the booth. somebody forgot to move the drum majors podium and i had no idea it was there. i ran right into it and fell down. i was playing bass drum. well i fell right on top of the drum and couldn't get up. he looked to his left and saw i wasn't there, turned around and saw me stuck on the drum. he came back and helped me to me feet. he was laughing his ### off. when we got under the stands he was still laughing and looked me straight in the eyes and said. " YOU made me late to the booth." it was so funny. we laughed about it for weeks. i will miss by very close old friend for the rest of my life.

rest in peace bucky. we'll meet at the podium.

• Like 1

Very sorry to hear this news.

Rick's was the voice we heard when we were in those Rochester-area shows.

May he rest in peace.

We have been informed by his brother Dave, that Rick Bucklin passed away last night. he had a stroke a couple weeks ago and we had all been hoping for a full recovery. Rick Bucklin was a drummer in the Crusaders for many years and became very well known as the voice of Rochester as the announcer at most of the Rochester area corps shows. He was absolutely one of the nicest guys ever to march drum corps and was always there to help - whether it was Vince Bruni, Norm LeFrois, Joe Siracuse or myself - Rick never said no...

This is one that is an exceptionally sad loss for drum corps in Rochester...

To his brother Dave (a well known drum corps guy himself) and all his family, our thoughts and prayers go out... Bucky will be missed...

I can hear his words echoing in the stadium. "Let's give them a nice hand..." "Let's give them a warm Rochester welcome.....".

I can hear his words echoing in the stadium. "Let's give them a nice hand..." "Let's give them a warm Rochester welcome.....".

This is so sad, he really was one of the nicest guys in corps.

RIP Bucky.

Did he announce DCA Championships in the late 60's / early 70's when it was held in Rochester?

Did he announce DCA Championships in the late 60's / early 70's when it was held in Rochester?

he did from 73 on. he had a great voice.