DCI + Motif Music

Check out the story -->

http://www.dci.org/news/view.cfm?news_id=27b321a4-b44c-4bff-954f-fb20e1727bb0

The economic and social situation in America in the early 20th century produced tons of drum corps in towns and cities all across the country. With this story, it dawned on me that parts of the developing world may benefit from such youth programs.

Who knows? Maybe as groups start to grow abroad and begin competing via SoundSport/Drumline Battle on the internet, DCI may one day have top 12-caliber corps in Asia that compare to the ones in North America. Is DCE trying to expand like DCI is?

What do you think of all this?

I know that this is very selfish of me, but I'd rather see the best drum corps in the world in Indianapolis, not Beijing. Much cheaper to attend! :)

I know that this is very selfish of me, but I'd rather see the best drum corps in the world in Indianapolis, not Beijing. Much cheaper to attend! :)

But where else can one get such wonderful cuisine like these pics my daughter took when she was living in China...

BugsinBeijing1.jpg

Weirdfoodinbeijing2.jpg

But where else can one get such wonderful cuisine like these pics my daughter took when she was living in China...

BugsinBeijing1.jpg

Weirdfoodinbeijing2.jpg

Mike,

We don't have to go all the way to China for these. Weren't you at DCI championships at Jackson? Or made an annual Swamp Tour? This year food crews may try to be augmenting limited budgets with those every 17 year recipes with cicadas!!! (That is, if the front ensemble hasn't swiped them all for some pit sounds and rituals.)

Mike,

We don't have to go all the way to China for these. Weren't you at DCI championships at Jackson? Or made an annual Swamp Tour? This year food crews may try to be augmenting limited budgets with those every 17 year recipes with cicadas!!! (That is, if the front ensemble hasn't swiped them all for some pit sounds and rituals.)

This little lady seems to like the feast!

Weirdfoodinbeijing3.jpg

:tongue:/>

Edited by MikeD
add a pic

I've got photos of that same place (I believe) just off the main shopping district in Beijing. Been there a few times and might see it again next month.

China is ripe for drum corps. From what I've seen on my seven trips there the past seven years is music education is just starting to really bloom over there. Drum corps offers so many of the qualities the Chinese cherish.