My how they have changed!

Where are the giants of today compared to this motley crew? Several of them are still with us!!!

923028_10151514120833145_1616650331_n.jpg

Alright, dinos: educate the youngins! Someone needs to annotate this and let us know who everyone in the pic is

George Hopkins.

Gail Royer(center of the photo to Scott Stewart's left), Scott Stewart (to Hopkins' left (first time in a suit), Dr. Dan Richardson (the tallest one--always!), Don Pesceone (behind Hopkins).

and whom did they direct? Obviously we all know Hoppy, GR = SCV, Stewart = Scouts, Dr. Dan Richardson = Phantom Regiment (I think?), Don Pesceone = DCI Exec. Director

Is that Dave Gibbs to GR's right?

Also, anyone know when this pic was taken? At least 1983 since that was Hop's first year with Garfield

Also, how many DCI Hall of Famers in this picture?! Quite a few I'd think

Edited by perc2100

I never knew how much Hop reminded of Sam the Eagle until I saw this pic. Thanks

• Like 5

Where are the giants of today compared to this motley crew? Several of them are still with us!!!

923028_10151514120833145_1616650331_n.jpg

And opposite Hopkins (here too young to grow his Grizzly Adams beard), isn't that Mr. Robinson, director of the Crossmen!

Seems the first row (Hopkins, Pesceone, Stewart, Royer, Robinson, Seawright, Farrell) is fine, but the three dudes in the back row?

Tell me you don't know???

and whom did they direct? Obviously we all know Hoppy, GR = SCV, Stewart = Scouts, Dr. Dan Richardson = Phantom Regiment (I think?), Don Pesceone = DCI Exec. Director

Is that Dave Gibbs to GR's right?

Also, anyone know when this pic was taken? At least 1983 since that was Hop's first year with Garfield

Also, how many DCI Hall of Famers in this picture?! Quite a few I'd think

Let's do some super sleuthing detective work: the hints may be who is not in the photo, such as George Bonfiglio who was director of 27th Lancers until they folded and did not compete in 1987. Since GB was an officer of the BoD many times, unless he missed this meeting, I would guess it was probably after '85 as in 86 autumn or 87. What year did Scott Stewart succeed Bill Howard as director of Madison? Would that give us further clues to the year? And since Jerry Seawright, director and founder of BD is in the photo, I am guessing that is NOT Dave Gibbs, since even then the BoD only had one rep per corps. Is that a younger Adolph DeGrauwe of Cavaliers?

This may be like figuring that the guy from Finland lives in the yellow house with the round window and the Swede is in the white house with the stone chimney... (old logic problem/puzzle...I am not sure they teach that to youngins today since we have computers.)

Let's do some super sleuthing detective work: the hints may be who is not in the photo, such as George Bonfiglio who was director of 27th Lancers until they folded and did not compete in 1987. Since GB was an officer of the BoD many times, unless he missed this meeting, I would guess it was probably after '85 as in 86 autumn or 87. What year did Scott Stewart succeed Bill Howard as director of Madison? Would that give us further clues to the year? And since Jerry Seawright, director and founder of BD is in the photo, I am guessing that is NOT Dave Gibbs, since even then the BoD only had one rep per corps. Is that a younger Adolph DeGrauwe of Cavaliers?

This may be like figuring that the guy from Finland lives in the yellow house with the round window and the Swede is in the white house with the stone chimney... (old logic problem/puzzle...I am not sure they teach that to youngins today since we have computers.)

Wasn't that late 70's when Stewart was director of Scouts? Maybe Exec. Director in 80? That was my first thought as well, until I remember that Hop wasn't Garfield's director until after Stewart took over Scouts