BD Haters?

Easy boys, I'm not tryiing to stir the pot here.

Riight. What did you title your thread? This was baiting. Too bad too. You didn't have to do it this way. +1 for the kids and their teachers. -1 for the way in which you presented this.

• Like 4

Wow Brasso, you seem to be on a pretty short fuse there buddy.

Really, I was just addressing other threads on the forum that talk about the downfall of drum corps and why that seems to be so prevelent. It's too bad you couldn't read more into the meat of the post rather than the few short quotes you use. I will accept that my role in choosing those words may not have been applicable to everyone out there, but there are certainly some where they apply.

Sure is a great video though! Makes me proud.

Don't want to turn this into a spitting contest...apparently it already is. Sorry about that.

Dan

• Like 7

One last thing to point out that may have gone un-noticed. Did you see the question mark after BD Haters. Maybe I was asking a question, not issuing a challenge. It's all about perception.

Dan

• Like 5

Wow Brasso, you seem to be on a pretty short fuse there buddy.

No, not really. I 'm pretty much my normal cantankerous self today. Your address to " BD haters " barely registered with me above that of the ho hum stage. I just pointed out how you came to the plate, swung and missed. But fear not, you'll get another plate appearance. That said, the article itself was a fine one re. the fine work that the BD organization has done in their community. Kudos to them.

Edited by BRASSO

One last thing to point out that may have gone un-noticed. Did you see the question mark after BD Haters. Maybe I was asking a question, not issuing a challenge. It's all about perception.

Dan

Do other units besides BD do some good things in their communities ? Yes

Could they do more ? Perhaps, yes.

Did the loss of community outreach and community support infrastructures lead to the demise of so many Corps ? Yes.

Did this loss of community support with many Corps pre date the beginnings of the Blue Devils organization ? Yes.

Is the loss of so many Corps a single reason cause or a multiple reason cause ? a multiple reason cause.

If a Corps does more community outreach in the coming years than does BD, will this translate into DCI winning Titles for that Corps on a level of BD ? No, probably not.

Which has been more valuable to the BD Titles.... community outreach, or use of talented design staff and marching talent that don't live in the community ? The latter.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

Do other units besides BD do some good things in their communities ? Yes

Could they do more ? Perhaps, yes.

Did the loss of community outreach and community support infrastructures lead to the demise of so many Corps ? Yes.

Did this loss of community support with many Corps pre date the beginnings of the Blue Devils organization ? Yes.

Is the loss of so many Corps a single reason cause or a multiple reason cause ? a multiple reason cause.

If a Corps does more community outreach in the coming years than does BD, will this translate into DCI winning Titles for that Corps on a level of BD ? No, probably not.

Which has been more valuable to the BD Titles.... community outreach, or use of talented design staff and marching talent that don't live in the community ? The latter.

I think I can buy that...or at least most of it. When did any of this move to the number of titles BD has ammassed? When I talk of success, I talk of financial, social, and public success. None of this is directed at their competative successes, just their stability as an organization.

Dan

• Like 4

I think I can buy that...or at least most of it. When did any of this move to the number of titles BD has ammassed? When I talk of success, I talk of financial, social, and public success. None of this is directed at their competative successes, just their stability as an organization.

Dan

Any Corps that has survived 40 years or more, probably has passed the " stability as an organization " test.

Has the BD organization passed this " stability of an organization " test ? Yes, absolutely, imo.

Edited by BRASSO

Dan

Dan...you're really stretching with this one. It reminds me of a "Seinfeld" installment about perception. You've already apologized...best to let it go and move on.

Blue Devils = a great organization that has done more for their community than many organizations that exist solely to do something for their community.

Blue Devils = a drum corps that sometimes stretches the boundaries of what some fans are ready to accept as something they personally find entertainment.

The people mentioned above ≠ haters.

• Like 3

All the negative threads about BD can be tiresome but another thread about it doesn't do anything to help that.I love that BD is doing so much as all drum corps people do. It is our nature.

I will be volunteering this weekend at Mars for the B corps. I am making a west coast chicken gumbo. (Minus the okra )

I stand up for my drum corps but will not say mine does more than yours etc. If that was not the OP's intent then i am sorry. I don't think anyone here doubts the Blue Devils sense of community they just don't like their music which is fine. I don't like other corps styles sometimes either and i will try not to poke their fans and just rather not post on those threads.

• Like 2

This is championship level trolling. +1 everything Dan.

dis-gon-b-gud.gif

michael-jackson-popcorn.gif

Edited by SpiritVet
  • Like 1