DCI Videos

Get 'em hot and fresh before they are likely removed! :)

UPDATE

In light of the fact that DCI, DCA, and many of their member corps have embraced YouTube as a resource for making video content available to the general public - we are amending our policy regarding links to YouTube videos of drum corps. Effective immediately, links to YouTube.com will be permitted for drum corps content.

DrumCorpsPlanet.com will continue to prohibit links to all other sites in-accordance with our long-standing policy on links to copyrighted materials.

• Like 1

BD's show.. ugh... I really can't stand it.

Dances with Poles.

Pole dancing.

Size (of the pole) mnatters, those poles are really really tall, and there's lots of em. Very distracting as is all the mic'ed trumpets. Oh and the horn line playing main passages from the 'Rite of Spring' where normally a full section of violins, violas, cellos and basses would play,.. .it's ridiculous and not in a good way.

This is not a pleasant show. Stop with trying to expand our minds, or "educate" us on your 'art'. After a long hard day's work week I want you guys to blow my face off, with tunes that we are familiar with, or play songs all the way through. Not all these b.s. blips and bleeps, and monkey drumming....

• Like 7

Dances with Poles.

Pole dancing.

Size (of the pole) mnatters, those poles are really really tall, and there's lots of em. Very distracting as is all the mic'ed trumpets. Oh and the horn line playing main passages from the 'Rite of Spring' where normally a full section of violins, violas, cellos and basses would play,.. .it's ridiculous and not in a good way.

This is not a pleasant show. Stop with trying to expand our minds, or "educate" us on your 'art'. After a long hard day's work week I want you guys to blow my face off, with tunes that we are familiar with, or play songs all the way through. Not all these b.s. blips and bleeps, and monkey drumming....

Watch it in person.

Dances with Poles.

Pole dancing.

I think there shows are always about creating an abstract effect both musically and visually. Probably best experienced live. The trees in the beginning of the show are wonderful. The brass/guard move around them and from up top will creating an amazing visual treat. I do think they need to come back down to earth visually and musically for some of the show otherwise it is too extreme but the closer is still being worked on so maybe that's where they hit you over the head.

I think there shows are always about creating an abstract effect both musically and visually. Probably best experienced live. The trees in the beginning of the show are wonderful. The brass/guard move around them and from up top will creating an amazing visual treat. I do think they need to come back down to earth visually and musically for some of the show otherwise it is too extreme but the closer is still being worked on so maybe that's where they hit you over the head.

Actually, it wasn't the closer that 'hit me over the head', it was the entire show that gave me a headache. Had to take a Tylenol. I don't think it's gonna go over well with Midwest or Southern audiences...who knows.

• Like 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7L3Sfqbo80 -Carolina Crown Full Performance in (Arkansas)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mB4sbShpv4U -Blue Devils 2013 1ST Competition

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPNCmh-Iv7I -Blue Devils 2013 1ST Competition

Dances with Poles.

Pole dancing.

Actually, this year's show is not that avant garde. If you have ever seen Rite of Spring --Print Du Temps-...the show actually pays alot of homage to the ballet...Although the ballet was quite the "sensation", back in the day, this show is pretty straight forward. I am actually glad to also hear jazz licks I like. I am coming from a place where I HAVE not liked many of BD's shows for years. This year's is a keeper (for me at least)...

Madison Scouts Show of Shows- http://www.youtube.c...h?v=upI3LQc61hs

Blue Stars 2nd Performance- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDQqsL34M8M (Marriville)

Edited by btown50