Evansville Oil & Lube

I have never felt the connection between a crowd and and all the corps as it was last night .

That is really great to hear. When the ingredients all come together -- the right kind of venue, a drum-corps-hungry crowd, a well-matched performance lineup, and then a we're-all-in-this-together X factor like a rain delay -- the connection between the performers and the audience can be (to borrow a term) electric. It's the kind of marketing that marketing dollars can't buy.

And something tells me Colts will be heard from this year. You can tell they got a bunch of BK visual staff looking at the visual GE numbers.

The Colts got 4th in General Effect - Visual and 5th in Visual Analysis and although overall they came in 6th, I wouldn't toss the Colts aside just yet. :wink:

• Like 1

Did something happen in the Blue Stars show? When i saw Troop in Fairfield they werent even close to Crossmen in my opinion either.

One of the best crowds I have ever been apart of. It was great to have so many people at this show that has been absent for 5 years. The show was basically brought back because of the work of two people. We need more people in the world like them.

Whoever these two people are (plus invariably others) thank you for your efforts! I hope it was beneficial for everyone and want to see this show on the schedule for years to come.

Can't wait to see Madison ... I've heard good things. 2muchcoffeeman is right in that it sounds like it was a perfect storm, pardon the pun, making for a great night of good drum corps.

Did something happen in the Blue Stars show? When i saw Troop in Fairfield they werent even close to Crossmen in my opinion either.

From what I have been hearing Troopers have managed to clean quickly and their show is getting an incredible response from the crowd. You can only keep them down for so long if the show design, performance and response is getting so good. It is amazing to me how many people who have been screaming about "slotting" when it comes to their corps are upset when another corps, even momentarily, pass them up! :tongue:

• Like 2