Action Jackson

and a bit earlier...

michelle_ad

@JerseySurf CG have fun & great looking costumes and flags are awesome, SO MUCH COLOR!! Will be good w/ more rehearsal time & dry equ #dci

michelle_ad

Dear @JerseySurf, sorry about the rain that picked up just now but WOW. The colors coming in the field!! Making their own rainbow! #dci

• Like 1

loudbrass

Some brass excellence issues, particularly in low brass, but this is some technical stuff. Best trumpet line from Cadets ever? #dci

loudbrass

Love this cadets program. A contender? Yes. Should five point the field tonight. #dci

The Cadets...

BN5Jw28CcAAOOtM.jpg

michelle_ad

@TheCadets CG uses some weird equipment, not sure about all of it but I'm a big fan of the bronze bendy poles #dci

liz_casserly

Side by side was so amazing! Thank you so much @TheCadets

Was wondering if someone could answer a few curiosities regarding the Cadets show this year:

What is the reasoning for the color palette? I like the use of the props, but the colors are a bit strange to me (mainly the purple).

What is the purpose of the poles? Don't really seem to add much effect as I'm sure they're barely readable from the stands (and the members are wielding them for an awfully long time...), but as a non-guard person I'm curious about it.

I've only been able to catch the webcast so far, but I love what I see, especially this early in the season. This may end up being one of my top 3 Cadets shows by season's end. That drumline is smoking!

Drum Corps: An American Tradition

Jackson, NJ

June 28, 2013

World Class

1) 77.60 - The Cadets

2) 73.90 - Phantom Regiment

3) 73.20 - Bluecoats

4) 69.20 - Boston Crusaders

5) 52.40 - Jersey Surf

Open Class

1) 55.20 - Raiders