whatever happened to...

Back in the late 90s and early 00s, Marty McCartt did the brass arranging for both Boston and Crown. After Crown's 2002 season, he kind of fell off the map. Apparently he and Bill Register do HS arranging, but any idea if he's done any other drum corps stuff? Or otherwise why he left drum corps?

Kirk Gay and Jeff Moore are both in the Music Department at UCF (Moore is the department chair). It's too bad these guys aren't involved in drum corps anymore.

Some others out there that have taken a break from the activity that we miss (or don't know what they're up to)?

• Like 1

SCV 1970s snare drum mega-god Robbie Carson, who had an advanced degree in liturgical organ performance. He even had a pipe organ in his apartment. After he left Remo, I totally lost contact with him. Does anyone know what he's up to now?

SCV 1970s snare drum mega-god Robbie Carson, who had an advanced degree in liturgical organ performance. He even had a pipe organ in his apartment. After he left Remo, I totally lost contact with him. Does anyone know what he's up to now?

I can't answer the question for you Michael, but I note a coincidence that Crown's arranger Michael Klesch is also an accomplished liturgical organist. It's part of his story of how he came to drum corps and Garfield. Ask him some time.

• Like 1

How about Greg Pokloki (sp?) who wrote the drill for 95 Cavies?? Some good stuff in there.

I read somewhere that Greg Poklacki was doing some mission work in a foreign country. An admirable pursuit, but I wish he was still involved with drill writing!

I read somewhere that Greg Poklacki was doing some mission work in a foreign country. An admirable pursuit, but I wish he was still involved with drill writing!

That is true. I read where, but I don't remember. Seem to think it had something to do with eastern Europe.

I can't answer the question for you Michael, but I note a coincidence that Crown's arranger Michael Klesch is also an accomplished liturgical organist. It's part of his story of how he came to drum corps and Garfield. Ask him some time.

I had absolutely no idea about that. Thanks for the heads up.

What about Matt Krempasky, Crossmen arranger from the early ’90s?

Well, don't know what he's up to RIGHT NOW, but I can tell you that he worked with the Bridgemen Alumni for a year or two recently (old age has rendered my precise data invalid, but I know that he instructed me, so pick one or two: 2006, 2007, 2008) He was no longer with the corps when I returned in 2011.