Salem Saloon

1372651396[/url]' post='3277369']

When other corps scores improve, they deserve it. When Cavies scores go up, its impossible, a conspiracy I tell ya. LOL, sarcasm off.

.... No. This post made my blood boil.

You know why? Because when Spirit was exaclty neck and neck with cavaliers a lot of the g7 lovers couldn't help but say "it's ok... It's early season. It doesn't matter."

Why can't spirit just be good? Why is it the underdog who's scores are "wrong" and not valid... Why can't some of you admit that some of these corps are in fact more deserving of certain points. It IS a big deal when the underdog is close... Especially for the kids.

Maybe if there wasn't so many politics *cough cough* which staff is properly playing "the game" *cough cough*..... We'd start seeing some different results. Maybe certain corps (I'm not talking about spirit only) would stop taking all the blows.

But god forbid a corps beats a g7 corps...

I'm drunk.

.... No. This post made my blood boil.

You know why? Because when Spirit was exaclty neck and neck with cavaliers a lot of the g7 lovers couldn't help but say "it's ok... It's early season. It doesn't matter."

Why can't spirit just be good? Why is it the underdog who's scores are "wrong" and not valid... Why can't some of you admit that some of these corps are in fact more deserving of certain points. It IS a big deal when the underdog is close... Especially for the kids.

Maybe if there wasn't so many politics *cough cough* which staff is properly playing "the game" *cough cough*..... We'd start seeing some different results. Maybe certain corps (I'm not talking about spirit only) would stop taking all the blows.

But god forbid a corps beats a g7 corps...

I'm drunk.

It seems the easiest way to invalidate an argument, as well as an opinion, is to bring up "g7." There's a reason, other than money, they are up in that echelon. Get over it.

• Like 2

Honestly, I am surprised that the Cavaliers puts some distance over Spirit. Having seen both live twice I find Spirit's show to be WAY more appealing and, in terms of performance, right on par with the Cavaliers. I suspect a few things however: 1) The Cavaliers really know how to clean, and 2) Spirit is not only falling behind in the "clean" department, but they have not made some of the changes needed for their show to grow.

I honestly do not have a "dog" in this fight, but from long experience with this activity I can tell you that the corps that often improve the most either have the great show from the get-go and they just need to clean and tweak, or they are the corps whose shows start incredibly slow and in sketch form, and they have nowhere but UP to go.

The Cavaliers fall into the later group. Their show was being performed very poorly at the beginning of the season. It was a sketch of a show with many elements likely not added, and many aspects that clearly needed to be re-written. For a corps the caliber of the Cavaliers (with their pedigree and their history in the top 12, top 5, and world titles) it is likely their staff will act FAST to make the necessary changes. The faster they do this the more time they have to clean said changes. Their know-how when it comes to cleaning championship-level content definitely works in their favor.

The Cavaliers staff is smart and, probably before any of us, realized they were going to have issues at their earlier competitions. They have taken the judges comments, along with their own ideas, and have made changes, cleaned, and are now performing at a different level.

Spirit definitely has better brass IMO, but the Cavaliers have better percussion, better drill, and better staging. The 2 guards are similar IMO. I believe Spirit can have better GE if they can clean, but they can't afford to fall behind by several points before the major regionals. They need to convince the judges that they are right there with the Cavaliers by invigorating good changes, by cleaning, and by confident performances.

• Like 1

1372665749[/url]' post='3277460']

It seems the easiest way to invalidate an argument, as well as an opinion, is to bring up "g7." There's a reason, other than money, they are up in that echelon. Get over it.

Really, the way you've ever replied to me makes me completely disregard your opinion. Why should I get over it? Clearly you've only ever been a fan or marched one of "elite". The best thing that will happen to drum corps is when the top start to fall and the bottom start to rise.

Really, the way you've ever replied to me makes me completely disregard your opinion. Why should I get over it? Clearly you've only ever been a fan or marched one of "elite". The best thing that will happen to drum corps is when the top start to fall and the bottom start to rise.

Clearly, you're an idiot who makes assumptions. Thank you for clarifying. My journey has ended after semis on a few occasions, thanks, and back to the main point, get off this anarchy binge. I would Madison is a top tier "elite" corps as well. Should they fall too? Bottom to the top and what not?

1372694853[/url]' post='3277588']

No, the best thing to happen to drum corps is corps getting the points they deserve.