Nokesville, VA UPDATE

Due to unsafe field conditions, the Nokesville show Friday night will no longer be a competition. Instead, the participating corps will perform standstills on the stadium track. No scores will be given and the corps will perform in exhibition. All tickets at the gate have been reduced to the pre-sale price of $10. Questions/comments-visit our Facebook site or email me (ADFiumara *at gmail *dot com)

Edited by Latrobe's Finest

Hope safe travels with all this dampness!

Edited by AlbionNY Drum Line

Sorry to hear that was looking forward to seeing where all the corps would fall in to thoses corps already out completing Guess we will have to wait till your next completing dates ,Best Wishes to all Corps . Looking for to a review of this show anyone going will be able to give a good idea of how these corps will perform this year.Safe travel to all corps there ,I know mother nature has not been kind to you guys this week lets hope you have a dry spell for your show .

Edited by Florida Sun

Whatever curveballs Mother Nature has thrown... I'm still looking forward to this show! :thumbup:

Whatever curveballs Mother Nature has thrown... I'm still looking forward to this show! :thumbup:/>

Friend and I are still headed down and looking forward to it. We hope the corps will still play hard and show everyone what they're made of this year. :cool:

Looked at the website and it said the gates open 30 minutes early for the pre paid crowd to get the better seats.

What time will that be, exactly? 7PM?

Just want to plan out my day so I don't panic and wreck my wagon in Bull Run and they have to fish me out of the creek. :w00t:

Looked at the website and it said the gates open 30 minutes early for the pre paid crowd to get the better seats.

What time will that be, exactly? 7PM?

Just want to plan out my day so I don't panic and wreck my wagon in Bull Run and they have to fish me out of the creek. :w00t:/>/>

Gates will open at 6 for the pre-sale folks. We'll open gates for walk-up sales at 6:30.

Edited by Latrobe's Finest

Due to unsafe field conditions, the Nokesville show Friday night will no longer be a competition. Instead, the participating corps will perform standstills on the stadium track. No scores will be given and the corps will perform in exhibition. All tickets at the gate have been reduced to the pre-sale price of $10. Questions/comments-visit our Facebook site or email me (ADFiumara *at gmail *dot com)

Just curious,.........is there that much water to call the competition two days in advance?

Just curious,.........is there that much water to call the competition two days in advance?

It may have been the venue's decision.

Due to excessive rains that have hit the area over the week, the field wasn't getting time to drain. One side was not draining properly. Shenandoah Sound staff and DCA were hoping that the show could still go, and maybe a few days of sun would help,but after talking with the Athletic director and others at the facility, it was decided to do a standstill only. this was also for the safety of the performers as well as not destroying the field!

• Like 1