San Antonio Showdown

Hopefully even if poor slotting is a factor, they should have enough shows before championships to be able to jump a bit more IF they are actually performing at a higher level. OMG I WANT SAN ANTONIO TO BE HERE ALREADY :w00t:/>

Troopers jumped Crossmen in Minnesota going in the 17 and 12 spots respectively. They will be fine as long as they have a good show!

Yeah SAN ANTONIO REGIONAL!!!! Can't wait for mañana!! Going to be loads of fun.. Wish BK was in SA today but have to wait til tomorrow instead! WOOOHOOO

• Like 2

I would like that also but you must score higher than other corps to move up.

Oregon sitting in the 64-65 range .

need a 70+ to move into 19th.

I think you can reasonably expect them over 70 after 2.5 weeks off and now with a complete show. From what I saw in their Portland performance, I'd expect them to be somewhere around 17th.

I am guessing based on historical jumps for OC that they will jump about 8-10 points from where they ended. (Yes, I realize that was in Open class, but I took that into consideration) The last time they were competing, they were 7-8 points down to Blue Knights and 9-10 points up on Cascades. I doubt that split has changed a whole lot, based on what I saw at their send off performance last week.

Based on Oregon's last show with BK and Cascades and those two corps' most recent shows, that projects OC between 73.15 and 76.15. Even the low end of that range would be a big signal that OC means business.

What do you guys think of this website for a chatroom during the event?

Chatzy.com/84986047533456

If people like it, can OP put it in the initial post for the thread?

Edited by g0at
  • Like 1

Alrighty, I am about to leave for San Antonio, 9 hour drive, fun. I swear the distance going from the Texas Panhandle to San Antonio could cover 3 or 4 states if I went north. A few predictions:

I say I'm about to leave, but it will probably be an hour.

I say I won't spend $1,200 on a bottle of water and a small piece of over priced pizza that tastes like cardbord, but I will cave during the top 6 and go get something.

By the top 6 my arse will hurt from sitting all day, I will give everyone a standing ovation just to stretch.

I will find something that I like about every show and go in with an open mind despite my fan network viewings and what I've read on here.

I will have a great time seeing some college friends that live down there that I haven't seen all summer.

I am just planning on watching the shows and taking them all in. I tried twitter last year and my phones battery took a dump and was done about halfway through. BUT, I will be doing a detailed review when I get back. Adios!

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 2

Alrighty, I am about to leave for San Antonio, 9 hour drive, fun. I swear the distance going from the Texas Panhandle to San Antonio could cover 3 or 4 states if I went north. A few predictions:

I say I'm about to leave, but it will probably be an hour.

I say I won't spend $1,200 on a bottle of water and a small piece of over priced pizza that tastes like cardbord, but I will cave during the top 6 and go get something.

By the top 6 my arse will hurt from sitting all day, I will give everyone a standing ovation just to stretch.

I will find something that I like about every show and go in with an open mind despite my fan network viewings and what I've read on here.

I will have a great time seeing some college friends that live down there that I haven't seen all summer.

I am just planning on watching the shows and taking them all in. I tried twitter last year and my phones battery took a dump and was done about halfway through. BUT, I will be doing a detailed review when I get back. Adios!

Safe travels :smile:

Very excited for tomorrow! Gonna be a fantastic show. I'm going to watch Crossmen rehearse today, we'll see how things are going after last night's "triumph". tongue.gif