Oberservation

I hear so many people on here commenting that they didn't like THIS or THAT show, but once they understood it they enjoyed it much more. Well, drum corps don't get that much chance with me. If I have to watch it numerous times in order to "Get" it, then they lose the opportunity to perform for me again. That's why I like the Troopers' show. No one has to explain it to me, and it takes no effort to "Get" it.

It seems like most regular drum corps fans agree with me, since they go crazy over the Troop, and sit on their hands for BD, even though the talent and performance level of BD is much higher. Remember, most people in the stands only make it to 1, or maybe 2, shows per season. They either enjoy a performance on the first viewing, or they don't. And as long as the show designers continue to flood the crowd with these hard to understand shows, the attendance at shows will continue to slide.

Imagine what the crowd would do if every corps played a show that could be understood and enjoyed the first time they saw it.

BeerMan

Which came first: the show designers or the sheets they have to design to in order to win?

Which came first: the show designers or the sheets they have to design to in order to win?

Good point. So in order to win, they need to design shows that are not entertaining to the average fan (who does not have a background in music theory).

So who is it that decided to make the score sheets that the designers have to design to in order to win? Is it not the very directors who have to get the shows designed to win? So I guess to answer your question, The show designers came first.