Oberservation

Why can't people like both the Blue Devils and Carolina Crown? It seems people who like Crown do not give the Blue Devils the respect they deserve and vice versa.

• Like 3

Why can't people like both the Blue Devils and Carolina Crown? It seems people who like Crown do not give the Blue Devils the respect they deserve and vice versa.

Beats me. I like both shows a great deal (and Cadets too, in fact).

• Like 9

a narrow mind! and a sense that some feel they have to choose. Thank goodness variety can still be the spice of life :smile:/>/> jmo

I also think..just maybe as much as many say scores don't mean a thing...they do, so this may get in the way for some

Edited by GUARDLING

Why can't people like both the Blue Devils and Carolina Crown?

Why can't people that like both, one, or neither be equally respected ?

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

I honestly try not to pick a specific corps to like. I tend to like Crown's shows and I tend to not like BD's shows. Last year I actually loved Cabaret Voltaire almost as much as I loved For the Common Good but this year I love E = MC2 but I hate the re:Rite of Spring. When there is a rivalry, people tend to pick sides. It's just human nature.

I am perhaps considered (around DCP) the "BD Honkus Aurelius"....and I love Crown and have since 2007. They are not mutually exclusive...and this year particularly they're more similar then ever. And.......they like each other...and shared some great times on the west coast tour this year...... So, there's nothing to see here........move along.

Edited by Plan9
  • Like 3

While we're talking about BD, is it just the uniform, or does every picture of their brass players look like their shoulders are up around their ears? I've noticed it in a lot of photos this year, seems like everyone has their shoulders real high. I figured it might just be a quirk of the uniform, since I haven't noticed it before.

On topic though, I like both shows. I liked Crown's from Day 1, because it reached out and grabbed me. BD's show took more time to grow on me, but I'm enjoying it now. I think Crown's show this year is like a nicely cooked steak. Everyone can enjoy it, and it's easy to get. BD's show is like high-end scotch. It's not for everyone, and it takes time to understand and enjoy. It's an acquired taste, at least to me it is.

I don't get it either. I mean they will be fighting it out hard for second place the rest of the season. They deserve our respect! :tongue:

• Like 4

Personally, I like Crown and Cadet's style more than BD. I certainly respect what BD does and there dominant history in DCI warrants that respect. Different people are enamored by different things. It always amazes me how two people can look at the same thing and be moved so differently. It's certainly difficult to "score" art and even though I personally gripe about judges when I feel my team isn't scored properly, the reality is, they are moved by something different than I. I'll never forget dating a girl in college who adored the Grateful Dead. She dragged me to a concert and she was so happy and into it. I would have rather had my ba//$ waxed but that's a different story. Last point is this particular medium (DCP) is very pro-Crown and for the most part anti-CADETS and very anti-BD. Not sure this opinion is universal in all of drum corps but the bias here is obvious. Just count the pages on Crown's thread vs the other two. I wouldn't take opinions here too seriously otherwise Crown would have won DCI every year since 2008 and the other two would have been demoted to open class. ( not that there is anything wrong with open class).

Edited by newjerseycorpguy
  • Like 2