To march baritone or euphonium?

Concentrate on auditioning however you're most comfortable, even if its on trombone. The staff will most likely assign splits anyway based on your strength and others around you. The rest works itself out.

• Like 1

Concentrate on auditioning however you're most comfortable, even if its on trombone. The staff will most likely assign splits anyway based on your strength and others around you. The rest works itself out.

thanks for your advice! I have a pretty good range and I've been playing baritone for a while so I'm definitely going to audition on baritone. I have more confidence on baritone too which is odd because I've been playing trombone for 4 years longer than baritone haha

Euph. You will hate yourself for that decision initially, and love yourself for that decision after the season when you have Schwarzenegger shoulders.

• Like 1

start doing pushups

tryout in your comfort zone - which sounds like Bari / they will likely view you as the same pool with euphs anyway - so go with your gut and play the bari

• Like 1

:ph34r:

Take it from an old geezer - take that 10 lb. weight and if it's a dumbbell hold one hand on each end and keep it in a playing position for 2 minutes, followed by 45 seconds in the carry position.

Make sure if you get the choice of horns, a euph will take more air to fill and keep up the flow. If you primarily play a tenor trombone or a small bass - you'll need to work on capacity and possibly adapting to the large shank of a euph..Dynasty's are much larger bore difference between the two, although Yamaha shows both the bari and euph have the same (.571) bore and a large shank..The only apparent difference is the bell size and the amount of tubing..

Best of luck, and work on those carrying reps and air capacity..

Pat

Pick euph. The bloo lead bari line consists mostly of vets. A euph spot is much easier to get.

Yea that's what I was leaning towards. I guess I'll just have to suck it up and gain some upper body strength if I want to have a high chance at this. Thanks!

:ph34r:/>

Take it from an old geezer - take that 10 lb. weight and if it's a dumbbell hold one hand on each end and keep it in a playing position for 2 minutes, followed by 45 seconds in the carry position.

Make sure if you get the choice of horns, a euph will take more air to fill and keep up the flow. If you primarily play a tenor trombone or a small bass - you'll need to work on capacity and possibly adapting to the large shank of a euph..Dynasty's are much larger bore difference between the two, although Yamaha shows both the bari and euph have the same (.571) bore and a large shank..The only apparent difference is the bell size and the amount of tubing..

Pat

Yea I play tenor trombone during marching band and during symphonic band I play my f attachment which uses a large shank mouthpiece. My air support is OK but not the best and thanks for that weight tip. I will be sure to try that out!

:ph34r:/>

Pat

Yea I play tenor trombone during marching band and during symphonic band I play my f attachment which uses a large shank mouthpiece. My air support is OK but not the best and thanks for that weight tip. I will be sure to try that out!