Dublin Debauchery - 7/30

Did you notice the red, white, and blue flag tosses from behind the props during the start of Do You Hear the People Sing? Great effect!

The crowd JUMPS to their feet after the last note. Bravo, Vanguard!

Loved vanguard live! Loved them on webcast but even more live!

And i didnt notice before in the new ending with tossing the blue white and red flags. Really cool!

Everyone loved it.

Encore with BK and SCV coming up

WOW. It's almost not fair in a way how perfectly that show flows together for them. I am spoiled for choice on big, emotional moments in this show, and they're performing their hearts out. Four horse race, indeed. The drumline was spotless from my perspective, but I won't claim much knowledge on percussion cleanliness and book etc. Those snares are gorgeously tuned. Biggest problem is visual dirt. Their forms are mostly very clean, and I thought their circles were cleaner even than BK, but transitions in the drill is holding them back right now. Encore next, taking it off until I'm in the car headed home. Battery is about to die.

And that's it for tonight. I'm packing up to head home. I'll next be at the Shoremen Brass Classic as a fan on Saturday in Avon Lake, Ohio. I'll be online during the Drums Along the Waterfront webcast on Monday. My next LIVE From the Stands will be DCI Finals. See you all then!

• Like 4

Did you notice the red, white, and blue flag tosses from behind the props during the start of Do You Hear the People Sing? Great effect!

They did that in Atlanta show too - it's so good!

• Like 1

And that's it for tonight. I'm packing up to head home. I'll next be at the Shoremen Brass Classic as a fan on Saturday in Avon Lake, Ohio. I'll be online during the Drums Along the Waterfront webcast on Monday. My next LIVE From the Stands will be DCI Finals. See you all then!

A yeoman effort tonight. Thanks!