To go to the Baldwin show tonight or not

Thank you...I have been to the Baldwin show since the first one so I am well aware of the good venue. Prior to Baldwin, this show was held at North Allegheny H.S., north of Pittsburgh. They have had this Baldwin show for years and years. I'm in the minority and think DCI should be spreading the wealth, so to speak. As in balancing out these shows a tad more. That wouldn't work though, since they went with ToC. All weekend in Allentown, though? Oh well, such is life. Looks like my decision now is which t-shirts (notice the plural) to buy. Now watch me get yelled at again by someone for not knowing which shirts to buy....sigh.

I drove up to Allentown for Friday and Saturday night. You could have too, though you'd have driven a bit farther than me (I've been known to drive out for the Elisabeth Forward show some years). I wish the Baldwin show was my "local" show instead of West Chester. I'd have gone in a hot second, as opposed to staying away from West Chester.

So the tail wags the dog? What's wrong with this picture then? Sorry, but I thought DCI scheduled the shows. My mistake.

...dude, the tail IS the dog.

I was going to go to this show. I was planning on a trip to PIttsburgh on my vacation anyway. I decided to go to PNC for the first time and by the time the game ended...I was bushed. I found my hotel and picked up supper and am now vegging with a Yuengling and a smile

Fran....you are one man I would love to have met. Someone I have read about for years and years....thanks for all you have done and still do for drum corps. Yes, I am a Steelers fan (even at $100/ticket...$30 for drum corps does not seem so bad, huh?). I live about ten minutes from their training camp. Besides that though, Pittsburgh still has a big drum corps fanbase. It's always nice to see drum corps nuts, to use an old term, get together. Thanks again, Fran.

Wow... thank you very much!!!

Perhaps one of these years I'll make that Pittsburgh drum corps trip again. It's been a long time since I've seen a show out that way. Late 1980s, I think?

In 1972, several of us drove out from where I was living in NJ (OK, I wasn't driving since I was only 14!!!) to the Pittsburgh area just so we could see the Anaheim Kingsmen. They didn't disappoint.

Ravens-Steelers is the best rivalry in the NFL, IMO. Two great games every year, sometimes three (the playoffs)!!!

I fully expect the Steelers to rebound this season... they're too good of an organization to stay down for long.