Allentown TOC

lol now I am starting to think that he was indirectly begging DCI to NOT pick him to judge at all during Indy.

Perhaps he requested time off and was denied so he did this to pretty much say, "you don't want an activist judge, do you, DCI?"

I'm not saying that particular judge is trying to do what you say, or that he has done that before.

But there HAVE been DCI judges in the last less-than 10 years how have done exactly that. DCI assigned them a Caption the judge didn't want, and at a Regional he purposely went a little crazy with placements and spreads, putting corps over other corps who were never close previously or after. This judge went about this business because he wanted off that caption, and DCI had scheduled the judge for a Regional and for Finals. DCI either took no notice or disregarded, and the judge was on that unwanted caption Finals night. The judge felt the need to do similar, feeling they had to justify numbers/spreads/rankings from the regional and pulled the same thing Finals night.

I was FLOORED when I heard of that happening (I was told this by a staff member of a corps who was affected in that caption, but won DCI).

Crazy things do indeed happen sometimes in the world of DCI judging...

There is ZERO reason SCV should be scoring 7th of 7 corps in Brass Content or 6th overall...

Either there's a grudge here, or the performance order screwed SCV but not Crown.

This subjective judging crap is getting a little out of hand.

I think one could argue that the screwy performance order was a detriment to both SCV and Crown: at the very least it's a possibility (BD's spread increased overnight significantly when Crown went on first).

I don't know: without being on the field with the judge, it's nearly impossible to put up a legit argument, IMO. The ToC shows are kind of fun, but with the wacky performance orders, I would take the full regional shows as a MUCH more accurate representation of spreads: even Allentown over two different nights

unless Im reading this wrong, Lentz, did have Crown over BD in Denver. Looks like he has flip flipped sub-captions with the 2 corps all season.

Recap: http://www.dci.org/scores/recap/recap_window.cfm?event=8081eca8-70e4-42a6-9c21-bcb7c9751b29

That dispells that. Next.

Yeah you pretty much read that wrong. I dunno what to tell ya. He was judging Visual Analysis on that night not guard.

I would do it, but I have no time. When is the last time Debbie Torchia had BD anywhere but 1st? Find me that RECAP!!