Best low brass

Everyone is allowed an "off" year tongue.gif

In your opinion, which world class corps has the best low brass section this year?

Need I say more?

I like Troopers. SCV has a nice low brass sound. I love the tuba feature. In general though, there is a lot more goo in the groups so it's hard to distinguish the true brass sound.

For me this year it's the Bluecoats. So rich and warm!

• Like 1

I like Troopers. SCV has a nice low brass sound. I love the tuba feature. In general though, there is a lot more goo in the groups so it's hard to distinguish the true brass sound.

Yea I was thinking scv too. I love their low brass sound

For me, it's probably Bluecoats or Crown. Crown's low brass is being asked to do so much insanely hard music, and Bluecoats always have a great low brass section from a sound and blend standpoint.

• Like 3

Yea I agree but I don't know. I'm pretty hard on bloo when it comes to low brass (probably because they're my favorite corps and I expect more of them) but their baritone section makes me cringe at times. They don't execute enough to me sometimes. Like I said, it could just be because they're my favorite and I'm hard on them lol I still love them though

Edited by Musicfanatic7232

I would say Cadets have the best low brass this year. A close second would be Crown because those kids can play like crazy. Third would have to be BD because I just can't get enough of the tone they put out, but they seem to be a little off this year as far as consistency goes.

Not sure on the best but was impressed with Blue Knights hornline as a whole, but especially their baritone/low brass sections.

I think BK has a decent brass line too, but the brass judges have been pretty consistent this year with putting them in the 11th-12th place range in brass line abilities out of the World Class Corps. I'm sort of surprised that BK has fallen a bit off the pace with Boston, Madison Scouts of late. I think they are a better Corps this year than last year, but they havn't gotten much traction down the stretch here. This is a very good quality Corps, and I actually like their music this year over recent editions from BK.

I think BK has a decent brass line too, but the brass judges have been pretty consistent this year with putting them in the 11th-12th place range in brass line abilities out of the World Class Corps. I'm sort of surprised that BK has fallen a bit off the pace with Boston, Madison Scouts of late. I think they are a better Corps this year than last year, but they havn't gotten much traction down the stretch here. This is a very good quality Corps, and I actually like their music this year over recent editions from BK.

I agree on BK. I love their take on First Circle. Madison has a great sound, but they don't really play much of anything. The book is super easy.