Crowds... seem bigger this year?

I've only been to a few shows but they were packed

Chambersburg, PA basically sold out

Allentown TOC I was very impressed with the crowd on Sunday night after the 2 prior nights of competition

West Chester, PA was sold out

Others see the same thing, or am I just lucky?

I've only been to a few shows but they were packed

Chambersburg, PA basically sold out

Allentown TOC I was very impressed with the crowd on Sunday night after the 2 prior nights of competition

West Chester, PA was sold out

Others see the same thing, or am I just lucky?

Based on the shows you attended, I would say lucky. The Cadets do a great job of promoting shows in their area and they were in attendance at all three. At DATR, I didn't buy 4 tickets until two days beforehand and I had choices of sitting in the club level between the 40's, 300 level between the 45's and settled on 100 level seats on the 45 yard line 20 rows from the field. Not normal for DATR. Plenty of great seats were available in Omaha, Boise wasn't sold out and it moved from Bronco stadium to a small high school stadium. I bought tickets last week for Allentown near the 40, another last minute purchase. Lake Highlands used to be a hard ticket, but with the TOC gutting that lineup, it wasn't as strong as in previous years. I think lineups had a lot to do with shows underselling tickets or selling out best sections in smaller venues.

Edited by bstar82

I thought maybe this thread was about America's obesity problem.

You know - I actually was DELIGHTED in Allentown - all skinny people around me.

Those seats can get SMALL quick :shutup:

Buffalo was supposed to be pretty packed as well from people there. The three shows I went to were pretty darn full, Stanford for one was almost full even in the upper deck.

Michael Cesario recently stated that ticket sales are up this year over last.

that's good to hear

even if they can grow attendance by 5% a year in a decade that's huge...

DCI needs to set some very aggressive attendance and awareness goals.

The only DCI shows I attended were Jackson, NJ and Allentown (Fri-Sat). Jackson is always a sell out (they sell a ton of standing-room only tickets at the gate) and Allentown seemed just as crowded as last year, if not more. What I have noticed this year is an increase of fans at the couple of DCA shows I've attended, so it may be an activity-wide bump.

You know - I actually was DELIGHTED in Allentown - all skinny people around me.

Those seats can get SMALL quick :shutup:

Same in West Chester.

The place was packed. But those seats are not necessarily ideal for the "ample" among us. :tongue:

that's interesting about DCA - a friend of mine said the same thing / I'm going to check out DCA finals for the first time in a long while this year... looking forward to it.