So - Indy - best beer joints?

Along with being a drum corps nut I'm also a craft beer lover - where should I head in Indy?

I always go to Rock Bottom Brewery but I'd rather head to more local places

Any advice for good beer / drinks / pub grub?

Thanks,

G.

Along with being a drum corps nut I'm also a craft beer lover - where should I head in Indy?

I always go to Rock Bottom Brewery but I'd rather head to more local places

Any advice for good beer / drinks / pub grub?

Thanks,

G.

If you want to go hang with a lot of drum corps folks, Basey's on the west side of the stadium behind the Holiday Inn Express will be packed Friday and Saturday night. Not a big place but they put up a tent in the parking lot and you'll see about every instructor or director there sooner or later throwing down a few. Tavern on South just north of there usually has a corps alumni party, I think Cavies were there last year. And you can see Jack Bevins at his favorite joint, the Whistle Stop, 2 blocks east of the stadium across from Whataburger. A total dive, Jack forced me there, not my kind of place but incredibly cheap beer at happy hour. The block gets kinda scary late at night, best to walk around with company. The Whataburger draws a lot of homeless people in the parking lot though the drum corps kids usually go in big numbers and I have not seen them have any issues.

I really enjoy going to the 1933 Lounge above St. Elmo Steakhouse for drinks and snacks/light fare.

http://www.stelmos.com/1933-lounge/

Cool - I've actually walked past that place a couple times / this trip I will need to check it out. Staying at JW Marriott / I think it is pretty close...

If you want to go hang with a lot of drum corps folks, Basey's on the west side of the stadium behind the Holiday Inn Express will be packed Friday and Saturday night. Not a big place but they put up a tent in the parking lot and you'll see about every instructor or director there sooner or later throwing down a few. Tavern on South just north of there usually has a corps alumni party, I think Cavies were there last year. And you can see Jack Bevins at his favorite joint, the Whistle Stop, 2 blocks east of the stadium across from Whataburger. A total dive, Jack forced me there, not my kind of place but incredibly cheap beer at happy hour. The block gets kinda scary late at night, best to walk around with company. The Whataburger draws a lot of homeless people in the parking lot though the drum corps kids usually go in big numbers and I have not seen them have any issues.

Cool - checking out Basey's with the crowd might be a good time. Appreciate the suggestions :thumbup:

Cool - I've actually walked past that place a couple times / this trip I will need to check it out. Staying at JW Marriott / I think it is pretty close...

Have a shrimp cocktail and a few Elmo Colas for me since I'm not coming this year.

What about the RAM?! It is right down the street from the stadium and packed before finals. They have a number of standards and special seasonal brews. Always go there on finals day.