My thoughts

Americans*

Sorry bro, but I'm not about to poll the citizenship of every fat butt in the stands. Yeah, people in the US have a weight problem but you can't tell me that every person in the stands is a US citizen.

Lots of the copyright problems are related to samples, yes. Last year, Cadets had large portions of their show removed from the CD and DVD. Music City had their entire show blocked from post-season recordings IIRC. I think Cavies had some issues with rights for the music samples in their preshow in 2010.

You're right. Cavies used Nature Boy by David Bowie, and that got blacked out in 2011. Luckily it didn't effect the actual judged portion of their show, just the pre-show.

I don't remember the music city thing, was that the year they did Phantom of the Opera?

Phantom, okay this is were it gets ugly. During the intro Rondo mentioned the all girl guard. My daughter made the comment that they are all blond. Then I noticed that they were all white. I thought no big deal it happens. But then I noticed a lack of color throughout the corps. I was only able to find one African American. Is this an issue. No because I know they have had black members with African American drum majors. Just found it very strange.

And you forgot to mention that the Regiment brass/percussion are also wearing all white uniforms with black trim which means that they are promoting black subordination under white control. :doh: Why is it that in this day and age people are going out of their way to see things that are not there thus fabricating a presupposed PC controversy?

Sorry bro, but I'm not about to poll the citizenship of every fat butt in the stands. Yeah, people in the US have a weight problem but you can't tell me that every person in the stands is a US citizen.

Not everyone in the stands is a fat American, and not everyone in the stands is an American. That is an unfair generalization.

Take this guy, who I saw up in section 666:

fatbastard.jpg

I am pretty sure he is from Scotland. Maybe an old Kilties fan? I dunno.

• Like 1

I don't remember the music city thing, was that the year they did Phantom of the Opera?

From what I remember seeing they had a radio themed show so in between each song the corps played they had samples of a radio tuning between stations and then fading into the next song they played. So eg the synth would trigger a sample of a Patsy Cline song and then the corps would pick it up. Might have been the samples AND missing sync/mechanical rights that year.

And you forgot to mention that the Regiment brass/percussion are also wearing all white uniforms with black trim which means that they are promoting black subordination under white control. :doh: Why is it that in this day and age people are going out of their way to see things that are not there thus fabricating a presupposed PC controversy?

Your example is completely different from what he said... No one is talking about uniform color schemes, they're talking about actual corps membership.

You're right. Cavies used "Nature Boy" by David Bowie, and that got blacked out in 2011. Luckily it didn't effect the actual judged portion of their show, just the pre-show.

Not just the pre-show. There are, I think, three other moments in Cavaliers show where the "Nature Boy" recording was used as a transition, and those passages are missing from both the 2011 CDs and DVDs. Probably close to 30 seconds in all (of judged show).

I don't remember the Music City thing, was that the year they did "Phantom of the Opera"?

Yes, last year MC included samples of country music, again as transition, in the "Phantom of the Grand Old Opry" show.

Your example is completely different from what he said... No one is talking about uniform color schemes, they're talking about actual corps membership.

No, my example is dead on; it is just as much fabricated nonsense idiocy as someone attempting to fabricate a racial issue concerning Regiment staff choices of youth performers.

• Like 1

Phantom, okay this is were it gets ugly. During the intro Rondo mentioned the all girl guard. My daughter made the comment that they are all blond. Then I noticed that they were all white. I thought no big deal it happens. But then I noticed a lack of color throughout the corps. I was only able to find one African American. Is this an issue. No because I know they have had black members with African American drum majors. Just found it very strange.

Yes it is an all female guard, and they have done that many times in the past. They are not all white, and they are not all blond, in fact I think the majority of them are brunette from what I recall seeing. Some have short hair, some long, but yes they might be using extensions to make them all look similar. Check out this youtube video from their preseason:

No, my example is dead on; it is just as much fabricated nonsense idiocy as someone attempting to fabricate a racial issue concerning Regiment staff choices of youth performers.

Did you read my full thoughts on the subject. No, you didn't because you wanted to paint me as a racist, which is so far from the truth if you really knew me. Boy, talk about fabrication.....