And Then There Were Two

"And then there were two" is not accurate. "And then there was one" is accurate. BD will win tomorrow night. Crown is finished. They're fried chicken. They're Julius Caesar.

If you're looking for some sort of a miracle tomorrow night - or a complete collapse by BD - forget it. Just move on with your lives.

Crown really should clean house in their percussion caption, and bring in a completely new staff. Because the current staff is costing them a title - and that is outrageous. I would be absolutely furious right now, if I was their director. (Could you imagine Hopkins under similar circumstances? His head might explode.)

Edited by oldschooldbc
  • Like 2

"And then there were two" is not accurate. "And then there was one" is accurate. BD will win tomorrow night. Crown is finished. They're fried chicken. They're Julius Caesar.

If you're looking for some sort of a miracle tomorrow night - or a complete collapse by BD - forget it. Just move on with your lives.

Crown really should clean house in their percussion caption, and bring in a completely new staff. Because the current staff is costing them a title - and that is outrageous. I would be absolutely furious right now, if I were their director.

Because .15 is an insurmountable gap, and switching out a percussion staff after only two years is the smartest way to build consistency in your corps, and make them a title contender. When was the last time BD switched their caption heads around? Exactly....

• Like 2

Well ... I'm definitely pulling for BD, but think this is very much up in the air. Can anyone remind me what the tie-breaking rule is? I'm having flashbacks to 1996 and 1999....

There isn't one. If there's a tie, there's a tie. The rule changed in 2009 after the whole .025 thing.

Crown really should clean house in their percussion caption, and bring in a completely new staff. Because the current staff is costing them a title - and that is outrageous. I would be absolutely furious right now, if I was their director. (Could you imagine Hopkins under similar circumstances? His head might explode.)

Funny you mention Hopkins because if memory serves me right said Crown percussion head used to have that title with The Cadets - then there was one of those moving on with life announcements - then same person becomes percussion head with Madison Scouts - and then essentially moves to Crown while Crown head replaces him in Madison

Madison topped Crown in percussion last night

Musical chairs at it's finest!

frankiE

• Like 1

While I am pulling for Crown, knowing it will take a lot for it to work out that way, I often wonder: does it matter? I won't enjoy their show any less regardless where they place. I won't stop having goosebumps and becoming slack jawed at their execution. And I won't be any less proud and thankful for the enjoyment they brought me this year--am enjoyment that will remain with me thanks to blu ray and DVDs.

Now, I realize I'm stating the obvious and preaching to the choir somewhat, but at the end of the day the numbers are . .. numbers.

Thanks to all for a memorable season.

While I am pulling for Crown, knowing it will take a lot for it to work out that way, I often wonder: does it matter? I won't enjoy their show any less regardless where they place. I won't stop having goosebumps and becoming slack jawed at their execution. And I won't be any less proud and thankful for the enjoyment they brought me this year--am enjoyment that will remain with me thanks to blu ray and DVDs.

Now, I realize I'm stating the obvious and preaching to the choir somewhat, but at the end of the day the numbers are . .. numbers.

Thanks to all for a memorable season.

It will matter a lot to some of Crown's percussion staff - because I suspect that some of them will be picking up pink slips on Monday morning. This is still a competitive activity, and if you cannot produce W's, you're gone. I don't know if the Crown board needs to go George Steinbrenner, and fire the whole lot of them. But when you cost your corps a championship, there has to be repercussions.