Sat Aug 17 T-Showers

High 71°

Low 65°

CHANCE OF RAIN:

60%

WIND:

E at 7 mph

Let's get the whole show done in that 40% window! Ready?...GO! :thumbup:

Right now my weather app says 50/50. I am hoping it stays to the South of us (no offense all you Sun Devil/Tampa Bay Thunder folks). We all need these last numbers for seeds going into Championships, so let's hope everyone gets a good solid dry run! At least the field is Astroturf so that's one less thing to worry about!

Safe travels everyone and we'll see you in a couple of days.

Dan

• Like 2

We all need these last numbers for seeds going into Championships, so let's hope everyone gets a good solid dry run!

I feel your pain on that one. Rolling into Championships with a 78 would put you on first in Open class no doubt and would be a death blow for the season for Atlanta CV. All that hard work down the tubes.

I feel your pain on that one. Rolling into Championships with a 78 would put you on first in Open class no doubt and would be a death blow for the season for Atlanta CV. All that hard work down the tubes.

Well, I think that's stretching it a bit. Nothing, I repeat nothing would be a death blow for us at this point. We have made too big of a stride forward as an organization this year. However, it would definitely be a bummer. I think we are going to turn more than a few heads this year regardless of where we are seeded going into prelims. That being said, it sure would be nice if we had a number going in that was truly representative of where we are at this point. Same goes for the other corps coming in for the show. I guess ya can't fight mother nature. We'll see what happens and hope we can get a few hours of dry weather on Saturday.

Dan

• Like 3

Well, I think that's stretching it a bit. Nothing, I repeat nothing would be a death blow for us at this point. We have made too big of a stride forward as an organization this year. However, it would definitely be a bummer. I think we are going to turn more than a few heads this year regardless of where we are seeded going into prelims. That being said, it sure would be nice if we had a number going in that was truly representative of where we are at this point. Same goes for the other corps coming in for the show. I guess ya can't fight mother nature. We'll see what happens and hope we can get a few hours of dry weather on Saturday.

Dan

IT WOULD SUCK FOR ALL!!!

didn't I see a post somewhere that said the show would go on no matter the weather? still worth showing up.

I remember performing in the middle of a Hurrincane in 2006 in Rochester. It had just started back up when we hit the field. Our DM was hanging on for dear life. That same season we dogged lighting bolts in VA and performed in constant rain. So yeah its doable as long as you don't have a football coach breathing down your back about you tearing up his precious football field.

Thank God DCA does not have electronics to deal with. Standing water issues and all.

Well after all's said and done lets all pray you get this show in dry ,wishing all corps safe travel and a great showing score wise i know how much you need to get this show in ,When i did map quest there's not a room to be had at any of the hotels in that area hope its all cause of the show ,and there all coming in for this great southern tier show ,May all the corps come in with some great numbers ,

Tammi Stollberg, Show Chairmen has informed me and all participating Corps' that the show is rain or shine. The stadium field is Astro type turf.... not dirt/grass for you to lose members in(Allentown 87) Only thing that will stop the show is Lightning/// We have all performed in the rain...sometimes it was light...sometimes not!!!

This is also the DCA-South Championships ....

Looking forward to seeing ALL the participating Corps Saturday as they look for that final number going to Annapolis.. and a packed stadium!

• Like 6