Recommend shows that have never been done!

I would be ecstatic to hear Phantom Regiment perform Olivier Messiaen's "Turangalîla-Symphonie." As wacky as that might seem to some, the piece was inspired by Messiaen's love of Wagner's "Tristan and Isolde."

I would be ecstatic to hear Phantom Regiment perform Olivier Messiaen's "Turangalîla-Symphonie."

That might make for a very funny looking tee-shirt. But the crowd will still be asking: "Who gets killed?"

Anyone for some DragonForce for percussion features?

Wouldn't mind seeing more 20th century music. There is a lot of good stuff that isn't touched. Sibelius, Korngold, Schoenberg, Berg, Stravinsky, Shostakovich, Prokofiev, Copland, etc....

Still really want to see an Alexander Nevsky show, (hint,hint, Phantom or SCV)

I'd really like to see Carolina Crown do mvt 2 of King Fishers Catch Fire

Also, I can not believe that not a single corps has touched the great Lincolnshire Posy before

I would be ecstatic to hear Phantom Regiment perform Olivier Messiaen's "Turangalîla-Symphonie." As wacky as that might seem to some, the piece was inspired by Messiaen's love of Wagner's "Tristan and Isolde."

This is a great suggestion. Plus, it has a part for one of the first electronic instruments ever created, the Ondes Martenot. If they could put the real thing on the field that'd be amazing.

Also, I can not believe that not a single corps has touched the great Lincolnshire Posy before

That would be a very hard piece to score/write drill for/play and march. That piece is challenging for good college wind ensembles, and they're just sitting still.

Wouldn't mind seeing more 20th century music. There is a lot of good stuff that isn't touched. Sibelius, Korngold, Schoenberg, Berg, Stravinsky, Shostakovich, Prokofiev, Copland, etc....

Glass and Reich were featured this year and Adams has shown up a lot in the past few years. Obviously Stravinsky has been very popular. Shostakovich is not untouched. Copland has been almost overdone. We've had Barber, Bartok, and Debussy featured often in recent years.

As for Berg... didn't BD use some 12-tone music in their 2009 show? I don't see any hint of it on CorpsReps, but there was definitely something very Webern-esque going on out there. Maybe Opus 22 from 1930?

I'd love to see others as well. There's so much great material out there, it's always a little disappointing when corps go for the same old same old. That's one reason why Crown has been so exciting musically these past two years. Playing 21st century brass band compositions alongside 20th century works that have rarely been put on the field, if ever (Einstein on the Beach, of course, but also Fanfare for the Common Man, and Also Sprach Zarathustra, which have been used in drum corps but very rarely).