Is THIS what it sounds like in Lucas Oil Stadium?

You have to by tickets inside the 40's and below the 400 section. But, you'll still get the ringing in your ears two days after.

except there's only so many seats in that area

I sit on the camera platform at the top of 440. The sound there is spectacular. I wish everyone could hear the shows as I do.

I was lucky to sit in the 440 section for half of the finalist corps (Madison, BAC, and the top 4), never got checked for tickets (as a MM, I had the magic wristy). Easily the best seats I sat in for any of the 4 years I was at Finals, and I had Phantom's chevron pointed directly at me in 2010.

Also, sorry Michael for making you go "temporarily deaf" as you said in your blog. huh2.gif I still can't thank you enough for your hospitality, it truly did make my final day as a DCI corps member the best ever. thumbup.gif

• Like 1

Spectacular, you say?

Absolutely. Perhaps it's because the concrete overhang for the next higher level is only about two feet over my head when I stand and there is nothing behind me.

Ask any staff member that comes up there to observe their corps perform, because that is where they stand.

Absolutely. Perhaps it's because the concrete overhang for the next higher level is only about two feet over my head when I stand and there is nothing behind me.

Ask any staff member that comes up there to observe their corps perform, because that is where they stand.

I've always wondered where they go after I we kick them out of 240 because they won't sit down and shut up.

:tongue:/>

• Like 1

I've always wondered where they go after I we kick them out of 240 because they won't sit down and shut up.

:tongue:/>/>

They are always the modicum or respect when standing by me. But then, they might have heard about the legendary "Wrath of Boo." :w00t:

I was lucky to sit in the 440 section for half of the finalist corps (Madison, BAC, and the top 4), never got checked for tickets (as a MM, I had the magic wristy). Easily the best seats I sat in for any of the 4 years I was at Finals, and I had Phantom's chevron pointed directly at me in 2010.

[/quote

There is a theft of service and justice issue to be discussed based on your comments.

In section 640 this and previous seasons, after paying lots of good money for the seats, it is always a battle to go to the bathroom, snacks, etc. because of the hoards of non-finalists who fill any seat vacated. Folks feel terrible throwing the kids out as they understand the hunger to see the finalists from such a good vantage point. However, the monies have been already been put forth and the "discussions" to get the kids out of seats which are not their's disrupts the contest viewing for others who also have paid for the seats.

I understand the kids' enthusiasm and interest. I realize that there would be no DCI without their participation. One solution is a police state where there are sufficient ushers. Another solution would be for DCI to save some of the seats for marching members of non-finalist corps rather than consign them to what is basically endzone seating. Whatever the solution, it is needed now after witnessing some parents of a marching finalist member actually begin crying and having a terrible emotional time after the back talk and poor behavior from the squatters. (I am deliberately not mentioning what specific corps and will be speaking to the directors of each personally. This year it was so-and-so, other years it is other corps; problem is that it is every year.)<br><br> Please DCI address this for the kids and for the fans.

Edited by drilltech1

~snip~

I went in there knowing very well that the people who payed for those tickets could show up at any minute. I was going to make no argument and would leave quietly if these people ever showed up. I take every open seat that I can as a temporary gift, one that could vanish at any moment. It just so happened that some seats in the best section of the stadium happened to be vacant for the entire night (and yes, there were several open seats to my left and right, even for Crown, BD, etc.) and I took advantage of the situation.

I recognize that these are the paying customers' seats first, and I personally find it deplorable that other marching members would make a scene of having to give up what wasn't theirs to begin with. I was just fortunate enough to not have to give anything up on Finals night.

• Like 1

I sit on the camera platform at the top of 440. The sound there is spectacular. I wish everyone could hear the shows as I do.

We had a camera platform at the top of 443 : ) I hope the camera had a microphone. I liked all top 12 corps! Bluecoats music resonated the dome the best.

Perhaps it was my seat, oh dear? Looking forward to the CD. Thanks so much to all the corps 2013; good to see and hear drum corps in person section 443.

So I took this video in the handicap section just below and right of the high-cam operator. The phone picked up all the echos that our ears are able to filter out, my money would be on directional-based hearing and evolution.

The Finals DCI recording will be better as they have a professional microphone setup, have production time, and have the benefits of acoustical knowledge of the stadium.

In the various spots I was in that week I'd have to say the echo is most certainly present, and at some times overwhelming. However, I don't feel it's worse than the Georgia Dome for DCI Atlanta.

Edit: changed s.hot to took. You really can't say s.hot? Really? /idontwanttoliveonthisplanetanymore

Edited by sobe

I watched and listened to Semi-finals in the judges booth. Sound was pretty darn good from where I was sitting! Right on the 50, with every horn up seemingly pointed right at me...

DCI booth to my left; Venrod VIP booth to my right. Can't wait for the DVD's.

KW