Minicorps RIP?

Well, if this is a big factor, why don't DCA create a standstill class and non-standstill class? That would eliminate any group that wants to do drill in at least one class. That would also solve the "problem" and allow for more than one champion. For the record, I am sure most would agree that Star's performances are amazing and it is fun to say that DCA has a group that gets to represent that legendary corps on a regular basis!

I hate to sound harsh but I think the old school folks just need to realize that DCA is progressing and leaving them behind. Its pretty clear if you are going to be competitive in mini corps that staging and movment is the new road to travel. Park and bark is a thing of the past. Which means much like DCA its going to lend itself to the younger leaner and more physically fit marcher.

A couple of directors here have touched on that already in this thread by having to either go inactive or take a break this season because thier senior membership simply could not keep up with the Jones's. Sad this is the way that DCA is going but I guess its the way DCA feels it has to go for survival.

I hate to sound harsh but I think the old school folks just need to realize that DCA is progressing and leaving them behind. Its pretty clear if you are going to be competitive in mini corps that staging and movment is the new road to travel. Park and bark is a thing of the past. Which means much like DCA its going to lend itself to the younger leaner and more physically fit marcher.

A couple of directors here have touched on that already in this thread by having to either go inactive or take a break this season because thier senior membership simply could not keep up with the Jones's. Sad this is the way that DCA is going but I guess its the way DCA feels it has to go for survival.

You don't sound harsh. You sound naive. Like someone who has never done it.

There's a big difference.

There you go - you got your opinion in. I got mine. Hope I don't sound harsh.

• Like 4

Let's see how this Brass Choir works out, could be the future. A lot less work, no music rights, no drill,(sounds like Mini Corps years ago)and you can still maintain excellence. could be the "poor man's" mini corps.....

Captain, you very well might be onto something here.

I'm playin. I'm sure a few at Heartliner signed up for I and E as well. Maybe the numbers go down but there will be a few peeps who haven't performed before will be there taking part anyway. :satisfied:

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

:thumbup:/> :thumbup:/> :thumbup:/>

I liked Donny's challenge, but the deadline's past. Half the fun of this is doing your best and seeing other people play well. I haven't been to one in years but there were some great moments- speaking of Donny, the Blousemen being one of them. Didn't they do "Brazil" the one year? Donny uncorked the livin' bejeezus out of that chart IIRC.

I cant imagine that people wanted to get in I and E, something could not be done about that with a phone call or E mail. No fact that I know, but I would bet on it.

Donny

I cant imagine that people wanted to get in I and E, something could not be done about that with a phone call or E mail. No fact that I know, but I would bet on it.

Donny

As a Brooklyn Dodger's fan until I was 8 years old (and the ######## moved to LA) I will go on record as saying "Wait 'til next year..."

As a Brooklyn Dodger's fan until I was 8 years old (and the ######## moved to LA) I will go on record as saying "Wait 'til next year..."

I heard fro Dorittie that there's a "super human" bari quartet in the works for Annapolis ... the likes of Baby John Chalmus, Ruben Ariola, John Donovan, John Simpson, Billy Hightower and Bobby Gaff have been tossed around ... wonder who the Final Four will be when it comes to SHOWTIME!!!!!

:thumbup:/>

Edited by ajlisko

I heard fro Dorittie that there's a "super human" bari quartet in the works for Annapolis ... the likes of Baby John Chalmus, Ruben Ariola, John Donovan, John Simpson, Billy Hightower and Bobby Gaff have been tossed around ... wonder who the Final Four will be when it comes to SHOWTIME!!!!!

:thumbup:/>/>

I've heard Ruben with Brassmen, I believe. :worthy:

I've heard Ruben with Brassmen, I believe. :worthy:

He's a quartet all by himself. LOL. Monster player.