2013 DCA World Championships Finals

Strong start to the show. Nice dynamics in the horns during the New World Symphony music. The Fanfare for a New Era opening was also very nice.

If last night's scores are an indication, then I'd have to say the former, rather than the latter. After all, a 5 point gap is one heck of a statement from the panel last night.

It's whether they can close the gap with White Sabers that is the question for me.

More purple flags, this time with gold accents.

I have to admit, I like purple. :D

Trumpet solo to open Dance of the New World. Great layering of this selection with New World Symphony. Drum solo is strong. More great dynamics from the low brass on their entrance. Horn line puts out great sound to finish this movement of the show.

Mellos playing Dancer in the Dark, trumpets playing the NWS Largo. Great arranging in the brass for this show.

White Sabers:

CameraZOOM-20130901183551395.jpg

Gorgeous shimmer flags in the guard during Dancer in the Dark.

There is a lot of meat in this brass book and the horn line is rising to the occasion with great dynamic contrast and solid balance and blend.

Mournful mello solo before the horn line comes back in with the big statement from the final movement of the New World Symphony. Horn line is REALLY pushing sound during the closer!

I don't see White Sabers dropping. They rose to the occasion with that performance.