Govenaires

Kansan

IMO, the Govenaires have written the book on how to design and perform a show for a small corps.

A bit unfortunately for them this year... the White Sabers have read the book and implemented the concepts. :tongue:/>

And much as we like the Govies, Kris and I had to feel good for W-S.

Two years at Rochester they were at our hotel and we got to watch them play for the last time for the season in the parking lot. "Last time" as they didn't make Finals either time and were playing for themselves.....

And much as we like the Govies, Kris and I had to feel good for W-S.

Two years at Rochester they were at our hotel and we got to watch them play for the last time for the season in the parking lot. "Last time" as they didn't make Finals either time and were playing for themselves.....

They really fought like Demons this season, Jim. Talk about sheer, unadulterated willpower. I thought the Govies had a chance, but I think W-S grabbed destiny and took control of it. No one was stopping them the way they just kept pushing.

They really fought like Demons this season, Jim. Talk about sheer, unadulterated willpower. I thought the Govies had a chance, but I think W-S grabbed destiny and took control of it. No one was stopping them the way they just kept pushing.

Well-said, W.

Had to feel good for the White Sabers. Great people there, and they've been in the game for a while. They had one heck of a good product this season. A well-deserved victory!!!

Can't remember if it was 1978 or 1979 but White Sabers did an exhibition at a show we were at in Erie. It was the Sunday afternoon show of Westshores "Ohio-Western PA Hell Weekend". Can't remember why we could watch it (no full corps retreat?) but they did a stand still and played a bit for the crowd.

One year we did the Sunday show at Edinboro and one year at Erie and getting the years confused...

Can't remember if it was 1978 or 1979 but White Sabers did an exhibition at a show we were at in Erie. It was the Sunday afternoon show of Westshores "Ohio-Western PA Hell Weekend". Can't remember why we could watch it (no full corps retreat?) but they did a stand still and played a bit for the crowd.

One year we did the Sunday show at Edinboro and one year at Erie and getting the years confused...

It was the New Horizons corps out of Dansville, NY-- would that be what the White Sabres came from?

Had like the orange spanish costumes, a mix of the Matadors and Cabs, and they even had one of those crazy Double Bass rigs in the battery.

It was the New Horizons corps out of Dansville, NY-- would that be what the White Sabres came from?

Had like the orange spanish costumes, a mix of the Matadors and Cabs, and they even had one of those crazy Double Bass rigs in the battery.

My memory sucks... I remembered Dansville and forgot the corps name... :doh:

(emphasis mine)

I believe White Sabers have actually been around since 1928 (!!). Though somebody with a couple more years could probably tell you a bit more of the history.

I can remember the White Sabers in parades in the late 50's. They competed against the Shamrocks, from Shortsville, the Nunda Rancheros, and many small corps, some that went on as they did but not to a championship. Congratulations White Sabers, formerly sponsored by Daniel Goho Legion post Dansville, NY!!! :cool:

(emphasis mine)

I believe White Sabers have actually been around since 1928 (!!). Though somebody with a couple more years could probably tell you a bit more of the history.

No problem, that would mean the area had 2 corps for a time then, I'd guess!

I can remember the White Sabers in parades in the late 50's. They competed against the Shamrocks, from Shortsville, the Nunda Rancheros, and many small corps, some that went on as they did but not to a championship. Congratulations White Sabers, formerly sponsored by Daniel Goho Legion post Dansville, NY!!! :cool:/>

I first joined the White Sabers When I was in high school back in 76. Then we did only parades and stand still performances. Not sure of what year it was but the White Sabers and the Phantom Revival corps which was also a parade corps from Dalton NY merged together to form the New Horizon corps and competed in the RCA circuit if I am correct. That corps eventually folded and the White Sabers formed back up and did parades again, In 2005 they decided to go into field competition again and the rest speaks for itself.