Cavaliers announce staff changes

There is much truth in what you say here. However, the track record of DCI judges becoming competitively successful judges in World Class is almost non-existent over the past two decades. There is a major difference between dealing with theories and abstracts and dealing with young personalities still growing within a show design given by other adults. This year's switches from judging to instructors are people already well vetted and successful as instructors and directors of other marching musical competitors.

Do you mean for the second "judges" to read "instructors"?

Do you mean for the second "judges" to read "instructors"?

Yes. Thank you for catching that. I'll edit the original. My bad.

We've had cases of judges leaving judging to become instructors or creative consultants, and there are many cases of instructors leaving instructing to become judges. The experience gained from judging is beneficial to instructing and vice versa. People sometimes need to shake things up once in awhile. If and when these latest examples decide to go back to judging, (after the requisite time out from both), they will be even better judges for their latest instructional experience.

I agree. Actually they should not allow people to judge for a long period of time with out going back and having involvement with a corps. There are people judging now some in postions overseeing judges who would not know or remember what to do if put in front of a guard, drill program or horn line.

• Like 3

So what kind of sound can we expect from the Cavies brass?

Their best horn lines did that symphonic blend thing that wasn’t to my tastes, I prefer something with a bit more punch.

This is from the top of McGrath's rein at Plymouth Canton. Don Hill doing music. I believe it was Mitch Roger writing the drill. Allen Spaeth and Mark Hart involved on visual side.

In other words, dark and dissonant.

Jay Kennedy - judge prior to working with Boston Crusaders and now back to judging community

Wayne Dillon - judge prior to working with Boston Crusaders and now back to judging community

Dick Saucedo - back & forth as judge prior to tenure with Cavaliers and in between there & Blue Stars

going back a few years

Scott Koter

Jim Campbell

There is much truth in what you say here. However, the track record of DCI judges becoming competitively successful instructors in World Class is almost non-existent over the past two decades.