Dem purple pants!

dance belts will get more popular as they have gained steam indoors with the way uniforms are cut.

Crown and other corps are also selecting more fit, slim members overall.

I agree with the fitness part -- corps are doing all they can in the off-season to get members fit before ST ever starts. But I don't think they (Crown at least) selects by body type. In fact all you need to do is go to a rehearsal -- it's obviously not true.

As for the purple pants -- IMO Crown's uniform was all about (a) flexibility (2) shedding heat (3) the giant vertical stripe.

And very effective. I think the emphasis on fitness and strength training (regardless of member size) is a good trend, especially with today's drill demands. I know I'm criticizing them and we're locking horns in other threads, but I really liked what Crown did this year with the uniforms and I do think they are the Wave of the Future . Mid-80s Cadets/90s Scouts pants--No me gusta.

• 2 weeks later...

It's about the look. Tighter pants look slim, graceful, and athletic; dance-like. Baggy pants look like the Garfield Cadets in the 80s.

I get that, and i think they look grear on the field, but perhaps they coukd wear some sort of plastic or rubber buttock displacer so i dont have to close my eyes when I "watch" their Lot videos? The back side of those unis dont leave much to the imagination....

Edited by NeoCervantes II
  • Like 1

I love the new Crown uniform. It's daring and interesting. Purple is one of the colors I can not see very well but to me it looks like a fuzzy blue. it's not so much the color as the whole design that I like. I can't tell it's purple unless there is a LOT of red in it. This one has just enough for me to tell that it's not Blue.

(example: the Vikings to me look dark blue but with a soft hue)