The Cadets - 2014

Isn't it funny that 6th in world can even be considered merely "good"? I can name a whole bunch of really good drum corps who never even approached 6th in their entire history.

For the record, 1991 was a great corps and a great show that, while not as strong as some other years, set the stage for things to come both for the Cadets and other corps as well.

IMHO, 1991 was one of the best sixth place finishes ever. PF&R was crazy good!

Very interested in seeing the uniform changes tomorrow night. When does the new ending go in?

Very interested in seeing the uniform changes tomorrow night. When does the new ending go in?

Hop mentioned a surprise in Atlanta. Perhaps there?

I'm digging the changes so far. The show's getting a much better flow. I wonder if they could do a bigger percussion build just before FDR says "in infamy." It seems a little flat there. Emotionally, wouldn't one want to convey the righteous anger in FDR's heart there? The same feeling we had after 9/11? Y'know, calm on the outside but reaching a boil inside realizing what had just happened and knowing somebody was going to answer for it.

I'm digging the changes so far. The show's getting a much better flow. I wonder if they could do a bigger percussion build just before FDR says "in infamy." It seems a little flat there. Emotionally, wouldn't one want to convey the righteous anger in FDR's heart there? The same feeling we had after 9/11? Y'know, calm on the outside but reaching a boil inside realizing what had just happened and knowing somebody was going to answer for it.

I like that- great observation. Hope they do something to better highlight that phrase & moment.

today's schedule

And here is the schedule for Saturday — the regional in San Antonio

7:30 AM WAKE -- Pack … we are leaving 8:30 AM to the stadium
8:45 AM Breakfast
9:30 AM THE DAY
9:45 AM S and R
10:15 AM Visual Block
12:00 PM Lunch
12:45 PM Sectionals
2:15 PM Set up
2:30 PM ensemble
4:00 PM Dinner and pack for 2 hour drive