Best Closers?

You just may get a vote for every single show closer on here at the end of the day :)

show closers that still move me to no end and make my heart race:

1986 Madison Scouts - yes, I prefer this over 88's Maleguena. the Melli licks at the end...

1995 Madison Scouts

1986 Blue Devils - the definitive Channel One show (this was my first time seeing one of the junior corps in person...oh my)

1991 Blue Devils - (one of the most underrated Devils show in my humble opinion)

1995 Blue Devils - awesome callback to the '94 closer

2003 Phantom Regiment

2000 Phantom Regiment - though it didn't score well, one of my favorite Phan shows. The Rite of Spring done right.

For sheer "bringing-the-house-down" closers, I think you have to go with Madison Scouts. No corps in the history of the activity has brought the house down like they have. At least in my opinion. Phantom has come close with some shows, especially Spartacus in 2008. But for me the question is, which Madison closer?

The ending of the Pirates show rocked the house big time in Orlando (1997), Malagena rocked the joint a few times, but 1988 was likely the pinnacle, the ending of the Jesus Christ Superstar show still gives me goosebumps (1999), and there are many more...but I'm going with

1995 Madison Scouts - Malaga. The ending received babies being thrown by mothers and fathers a like, the crowd was so loud you couldn't think, and their brass line did tie for high brass that year with Cadets and BD. For sheer bad ### drum corps with a kick-butt ending, this was definitely it.

Edited by jwillis35
  • Like 2

Didn't mean for this to be a top ten, but couldn't choose:

1987 Garfield - simply stunning.

1988 Madison - had the crowd in their hands for over five minutes.

1989 Phantom - in a word: EPIC.

1989 SCV - still get chills to this day.

1991 Star - cross to cross and iron mellophones!

1992 Madison - some cool things going on musically and great energy.

1995 Madison - "A Drum Corps Fan's Dream," couldn't be more right...raw power.

1996 Phantom - Shostakovich and Regiment: a match made in heaven.

1999 Madison - Didn't have to be in Madison to get that ovation, they could as well have been in Siberia. Cross to star FTW!

2000 Cadets - inspiring, breathtaking, just the total package.

Edited by MJVMusic