Biggest unknowns going into the season?

And to be honest with you, I never get " morbid " thoughts watching Phantom's Guard perform every year now, no matter the theme.

You're not going to start telling us what kind of thoughts you do get watching them, are you...?

Its all good with Phantom for me. No negatives. No morbid thoughts... its all good. Others of course on here are entitled to observe, opine, and assess things as they please as well re. themes, music, visuals, show designs, beheadings, etc... whatever.

Agreed. Even if they announced, "We're all about death now." I'd be fine with that. For a few more years anyway.

I'd love to hear Phantom incorporate into a show Strauss' Death and Transfiguration ... or maybe Walton's Funeral March from Hamlet ... or Wagner's Liebestod ... or Grieg's Aase's Death ... or Mahler's Ich bin der Welt abhanden gekommen ...

A big unknown, who is going to have "that one prop" that causes a stir?

I'd love to hear Phantom incorporate into a show Strauss' Death and Transfiguration ... or maybe Walton's Funeral March from Hamlet ... or Wagner's Liebestod ... or Grieg's Aase's Death ... or Mahler's Ich bin der Welt abhanden gekommen ...

With a classical/goth theme?

<nomex on>

A big unknown, who is going to have "that one prop" that causes a stir?

If you mean bad visual design, I don't know. Let's hope for the best.

If you mean a bold or controversial statement (like the birdcage from Cabaret Voltaire) then I would think maybe Bluecoats. If the Vienna Teng piece is the basis of the show, then there will be some visual elements related to privacy intrusion and data. Maybe the NSA logo, or a big brother visual of some kind, They could go in any number of directions, many potentially controversial.

If you mean bad visual design, I don't know. Let's hope for the best.

If you mean a bold or controversial statement (like the birdcage from Cabaret Voltaire) then I would think maybe Bluecoats. If the Vienna Teng piece is the basis of the show, then there will be some visual elements related to privacy intrusion and data. Maybe the NSA logo, or a big brother visual of some kind, They could go in any number of directions, many potentially controversial.

It can be any prop that people talk about. Either how much people had no idea what the risers in "... To Look for America" or Phantom's Evil Queen.

Don't forget Schubert's "Death and the Maiden" and John Adam's "Death of Klinghoffer." And Gounod's "Funeral March of a Marionette". And Ravel's "Pavane for a Dead Princess."

And Megadeth. Lots of Megadeth.

Don't forget Schubert's "Death and the Maiden" and John Adam's "Death of Klinghoffer." And Gounod's "Funeral March of a Marionette". And Ravel's "Pavane for a Dead Princess."

And Megadeth. Lots of Megadeth.

Don't forget about Mahler's Kindertodtlieder.

Don't forget about Mahler's Kindertodtlieder.

I always found that piece kinda creepy. But all the more reason for Phantom to do it.

Also, Quartet for the End of Time, by Messiaen.

I always found that piece kinda creepy. But all the more reason for Phantom to do it.

Also, Quartet for the End of Time, by Messiaen.

I would love to see someone tackle Messiaen. If everyone thinks shows today are too dissonant and weird, imagine that one. And the story behind the piece is heart-breaking. Writing it in the prison camp on a broken piano.

Just shows Phantom can do dark music without actually killing someone on the field.

• Like 1