DCP Poster's view toward DCI

Your Thoughts on DCI, the organization  

173 members have voted

1. 1. What's your general view of DCI?

• I'm generally positive about what I see and post about DCI.
    • I'm generally negative about what I see and post about DCI.
    • I'm generally neutral about what I see see and post about DCI.
    • My opinion and posts about DCI are specific to the issue discussed. Some good, some not.
  2. 2. What's your perception of OTHER poster's opinions?

• From what I read, I think most DCP posters are positive about DCI.
    • From what I read, I think most DCP posters are negative about DCI.
    • From what I read, I think most DCP posters are neutral about DCI
    • From what I read, I think most DCP poster's opinion is dependent on the issue being discussed. Some good, some not.

Somewhere back Jeff mentioned the unregistered visitors. What are these, sheeple?

Sometimes it's three times as many guests as registereds.

exactly. it's not us the regs that crash the place DCI finals week.

I agree that this poll .. albeit a small sample...does seem to indicate that DCI does have some work to do to boost its favorabity numbers among its fanbase. I have no idea if the results might have been more or less favorable had the poll been included for Drum Corpsr fans on the DCI historical site of DCP. That would be open to mere speculation if we included these long time veteran fans as well in the poll.... I do agree with you that " opinion is not news", and that we should not confuse the two. If you call your fellow DCP posters " loons ", this is of course not " news"... it is your own opinion assessment of that poster or posters. I also agree with you that what is said is " all in the delivery". if you call a DCPer " a loon", naturally that delivery is assessed its its delivery, just as you said. As such, I agree that in some cases your delivery in calling another poster or posters " loons": was perfectly aptly stated and deliivered exceedingly well under the circumstances of what they posted ( although I'll quickly acknowledge that other DCP posters may not agree with you that your calling a few DCP'ers " loons", was a home run delivery pitch in its " delivery"). But thats all opinion too of course.. And since this is an anonymous board, we might want to be mindful that the DCP'er we call " a loon " might be only 12 or 13. years old or some such. Nobody can say with any degree of confidence what the ages and experience levels are of posters here on this side of DCP... my hunch however is that quite a few are young and inexperienced in Drum Corps. Their comments need to be assessed in this context by us all, imo.. and we should think twice as a result in calling anyone " a loon " here on DCP because they simply post something we disagree with or seems a bit odd or whatever to that of our own views.

no offense...

I've been here since the beginning, under my old name. Member #8 or something. Hell, I was helping George do some beta testing before it launched.

and DCP HAS HAD some loons on here. may still have some. hell for all I know I'm a loon and don't know it.

DCI has a pretty good idea of what the regular year round posters think and feel. DCI has a pretty good idea of the feelings of legacy fans, newer fans, kids etc. Then they do with that info as they please. If you don't think otherwise, youre barking up the wrong tree, or as usual, parsing over someones words, adding meanings not intended, and of course quoting them but leaving out relevant passages to their point.

no offense...

I've been here since the beginning, under my old name. Member #8 or something. Hell, I was helping George do some beta testing before it launched.

and DCP HAS HAD some loons on here. may still have some. hell for all I know I'm a loon and don't know it.

DCI has a pretty good idea of what the regular year round posters think and feel. DCI has a pretty good idea of the feelings of legacy fans, newer fans, kids etc. Then they do with that info as they please. If you don't think otherwise, youre barking up the wrong tree, or as usual, parsing over someones words, adding meanings not intended, and of course quoting them but leaving out relevant passages to their point.

ya think?... AND i AGREE..DUDE! omg I have gone to the dark side..lol

Edited by GUARDLING

no offense...

But is DCI able to connect screen names to actual names, consider the experience, insight, and viewpoint of the poster, and rationalize their actions based on the demographic "feedback" that they get here? (sans Jeff, Pete, MikeD, and a few others who use their actual names).

Or is a high DCP post count simply a confirmation that the poster is a "loon"?

Both rhetorical questions obviously.

In any case, the free bumps to the thread from Guardling and Brasso's discussion has pushed the poll in solidly in favor of "I post positive stuff but most everyone else posts negative comments".

Edited by garfield

Actually, I've never stated on here, nor do I harbor any thoughts, that DCI Corps takes their cue from what fans think... legacy fans, DCP fans, or fans in general . So let me quickly disabuse you of those thoughts if you thought I had ever expressed such sentiments on here in the past, or share such sentiments now.

Edited by BRASSO

In any case, the free bumps to the thread from Guardling and Brasso's discussion has pushed the poll in solidly in favor of "I post positive stuff but most everyone else posts negative comments".

For proper context, what has been the biggest news of the last 48 hours ? Well, based upon thread counts and discussions, it has been the unveliling of Phantom Regiment's new uniforms. What has been the overall DCP fanbase initial impressions of their uniforms ? Well, not a lot of hurrahs. As a matter of fact, by my count, there has been 28 posters that have been in some level of expressed negativity to the unveiling.. from " not impressed " to " they should kill it ".

Now with this mostly high levels of negativity toward the new uniform, is this a reflection of the DCP posters negativity, or is this more a reflection of the Phantom's choice of Uniform for this summer's season? Well, nobody knows the answer to this frankly. All we know is that within the last 36-42 hours, Phantom Regiment's choice for this year uniform did not meet with high levels of positivity here on DCP . Naturally such negativity uptick shift in the polling of poster " negativity" can be expected to show up in recent results as it genuinely reflects one of the biggest news of the last 24-36 hours, ie the Phantom Regiment's choice of uniform for their unit proper for this summer of 2014.... and DCP'ers general assessments on it.

Edited by BRASSO

But is DCI able to connect screen names to actual names, consider the experience, insight, and viewpoint of the poster, and rationalize their actions based on the demographic "feedback" that they get here? (sans Jeff, Pete, MikeD, and a few others who use their actual names).

Or is a high DCP post count simply a confirmation that the poster is a "loon"?

Both rhetorical questions obviously.

they may. they may not. in some circles,i'm pretty sure they don't care.

we arent DCi's target audience. They've made that abundantly clear for years

• Like 1

For proper context, what has been the biggest news of the last 48 hours ? Well, based upon thread counts and discussions, it has been the unveliling of Phantom Regiment's new uniforms. What has been the overall DCP fanbase initial impressions of their uniforms ? Well, not a lot of hurrahs. As a matter of fact, by my count, there has been 28 posters that have been in some level of expressed negativity to the unveiling.. from " not impressed " to " they should kill it ".

Now with this mostly high levels of negativity toward the new uniform, is this a reflection of the DCP posters negativity, or is this more a reflection of the Phantom's choice of Uniform for this summer's season? Well, nobody knows the answer to this frankly. All we know is that within the last 36-42 hours, Phantom Regiment's choice for this year uniform did not meet with high levels of positivity here on DCP . Naturally such negativity uptick shift in the polling of poster " negativity" can be expected to show up in recent results as it genuinely reflects one of the biggest news of the last 24-36 hours, ie the Phantom Regiment's choice of uniform for their unit proper for this summer of 2014.... and DCP'ers general assessments on it.

Wait, Brasso. Either you're nuts or I am.

So you really suggest that people would come on here and vote negatively about DCI based on some discussion about Phantom's uniform? Or that they would perceive the general impression of DCI turned negative when people began arguing about Phantom's uni's?

Seriously?

I know we're a bunch of lunkheads here, but I think that the average understanding of the poll's question is higher than you apparently do.

It's about DCI, not DCP.

Wait, Brasso. Either you're nuts or I am.

Well, you can't ask me to weigh in on this, as I'm a bit biased on this afterall.

Well, you can't ask me to weigh in on this, as I'm a bit biased on this afterall.

No, your bias is completely unknown to me..

And no one asked you to do anything.

I fail to see how your bias can affect how people vote in the poll's questions.

But you may have more insight into your power to persuade than I do.

:tounge2:

Edited by garfield