Why only 12 corps in finals?

Will give you a B+ Brasso, but I might be wrong. One corps competing, next corps on the starting line, and third corps on the ready line for inspection. After inspection, at least while I marched with the BAC, it was open season on ragging the corps in front of us getting ready to perform.

Yes, you are mostly correct now that I think about the order...ie, Corps in performance, next Corps on " the starting line " ( having just completed Inspection ), 3rd Corps undergoing inspection right in back. That was the general order. But I do recall a few out of the ordinary situations where inspections were on the starting line, with the Corps in front in performance too. Maybe these were situations where Corps were late to inspections, or there were delays,... who knows. Inspections also on some occasions took place even outside the stadiums in a few cases ( VFW Nationals did this a few times...' might have been the logistics and/ or the sheer numbers of Corps competing in the Prelims when the Conventions were on the East Coast or the Midwest,)

Edited by BRASSO

Yes, you are mostly correct now that I think about the order...ie, Corps in performance, next Corps on " the starting line " ( having just completed Inspection ), 3rd Corps undergoing inspection right in back. That was the general order. But I do recall a few out of the ordinary situations where inspections were on the starting line, with the Corps in front in performance too. Maybe these were situations where Corps were late to inspections, or there were delays,... who knows. Inspections also on some occasions took place even outside the stadiums in a few cases ( VFW Nationals did this a few times...' might have been the logistics and/ or the sheer numbers of Corps competing in the Prelims when the Conventions were on the East Coast or the Midwest,)

At one VFW, inspection was in the nearby parking lot. There were always other corps standing around watching who was getting inspected and how many ticks they received. Nice try, but the B+ stands! Edited by Ghost

Cause 11 and 13 are unlucky numbers;)

I don't know the reasoning, but I think it's the right amount. Lots of deserving corps each year but a dozen is a good round number

Didn't mean it like you're reading it.... I think lots of deserving corps still should fit in 12 spots.... I'm not the everyone should win kind of person. Life isn like that:)

Edited by wesleyrp
  • Like 1