Evansville, IN

Ok since it looks like this one is going to happen (finally!) here's a total shot in the dark.

1. Phantom 74.0

2. Madison 71.8

3. Blue Stars 70.3

4. Troopers 68.5

5. Colts 66.6

6. Pioneer 54.3

Considering Troopers were 3.6 behind Madison last night, and were 2.7 behind Blue Stars in Rockford, I'm really curious to see where Blue Stars fit into that gap tonight.

It wouldn't surprise me to see Troopers a little closer this go around, I think they have a great show and are super talented, as are the Blue Stars this year. Blue Stars also have some additions implemented and tonight is the first show with some of them in (woulda been last night). We'll see, Troopers are my 12th place pick this year. SUPER excited to see where Blue Stars land in percussion, based on what I've seen they're building on last years great line and front ensemble.

Edited by DrumManTx

Also, am I one of the few that's seen a Colts video? That show is......I dunno, haven't really heard something like it in DCI before, I'm not sure but I think I really like it. We get to see most of these Saturday on the webcast.

When picking 12th, at least right now, it looks like we need to keep in mind that Spirit is down low, too, so we're looking at a battle for 11th as well. So 11-? will be quite an interesting race this season.

I somehow see Troop falling back slightly. A 5.6 point rise in the first week has been a great start; however, with percussion being judged tonight, and no brass judging, I foresee a small correction...maybe in the 66.9 ballpark?

After saying all that, I wouldn't be averse to popping a small refreshment bottle should something in the 68's happen to come along. :laugh:

I somehow see Troop falling back slightly. A 5.6 point rise in the first week has been a great start; however, with percussion being judged tonight, and no brass judging, I foresee a small correction... maybe in the 66.9 ballpark? After saying all that, I wouldn't be averse to popping a small refreshment bottle should something in the 68's happen to come along. :laugh:

Heh. If Troopers improve at 5.6 every week, they'll score over 100 at Prelims.

Which is why I foretold a minor correction tonight.

Maybe "foretold" wasn't the right word...makes me seem "all knowing", which I most certainly am not. Let's just call it a prediction.

Edited by HornTeacher

Also, am I one of the few that's seen a Colts video? That show is......I dunno, haven't really heard something like it in DCI before, I'm not sure but I think I really like it. We get to see most of these Saturday on the webcast.

I saw the Brass 'n' Brats video from two weeks ago. I'm a little biased, but I do like this show a lot.

My son told me back on May 29 that "it's not like a normal drum corps show".

I can't wait to see it in person on Saturday!