Magnificent Muncie, IN

Starting another thread again, I'm up early what can I say.

Weather for today is hard to forecast with accuracy this early in the morning. A slight warm front will be lifting over the area today from the low pressure in the plains. This will bring more low level moisture from the southwest into the Muncie area. At the same time, sunny skies from this morning will create instability, or energy for storms. These two things, the warm front with its higher dewpoint air (more sticky) and the sun creating heat thermals rising from the ground, will be the main factor to create storms, if there is any. The main threat will be locally heavy rain due to air water values being high and storm motions of 11mph or less, which means the storms tend to stay in one area and dump.

Will that area be Muncie? Too early to tell, we have to wait for storm development later this morning and into the afternoon. Right now nearly the entire state of Indiana is cloud free, except some cirrus clouds near Indy and Gary. Current NWS forecast is 10% before 5pm, and 20% after that. Very small chances indeed, but isolated storms mean muncie to stay dry all day while the town next to muncie gets hammered, or vice versa.

I'll check back in later this afternoon with another update. Hopefully its good news!!

Housing info:

Blue Stars:

Monroe Central Jr/Sr HS

1878 N 1000 W

Parker City IN

Carolina Crown:

Pendleton Heights Middle School

South 300 West

Pendleton, IN

Colts:

Tipton High School

619 S Main St.

Tipton, IN

Phantom Regiment:

Alexandria-Monroe High School

308 W. 11th St.

Alexandria, IN

Pioneer:

No idea.

Cavaliers:

Pendleton Heights High School
1 Arabian Drive
Pendleton, IN

Troopers:

Jay County High School
272 W. State Rd 67
Portland, IN 47371

Starting another thread again, I'm up early what can I say.

Weather for today is hard to forecast with accuracy this early in the morning. A slight warm front will be lifting over the area today from the low pressure in the plains. This will bring more low level moisture from the southwest into the Muncie area. At the same time, sunny skies from this morning will create instability, or energy for storms. These two things, the warm front with its higher dewpoint air (more sticky) and the sun creating heat thermals rising from the ground, will be the main factor to create storms, if there is any. The main threat will be locally heavy rain due to air water values being high and storm motions of 11mph or less, which means the storms tend to stay in one area and dump.

Will that area be Muncie? Too early to tell, we have to wait for storm development later this morning and into the afternoon. Right now nearly the entire state of Indiana is cloud free, except some cirrus clouds near Indy and Gary. Current NWS forecast is 10% before 5pm, and 20% after that. Very small chances indeed, but isolated storms mean muncie to stay dry all day while the town next to muncie gets hammered, or vice versa.

I'll check back in later this afternoon with another update. Hopefully its good news!!

I predict scattered darkness this evening, becoming widespread; it will pass overnight, with a gradual lightening toward morning, and also becoming widespread by 7am

• Like 2

Ah yes, the "bando" show. Always a hoot hearing the 80%+ HS kid crowd reactions to the different shows.

• Like 1