The Centurions will not be competing this season in DCA. The numbers are not where they need to be for us to put out a quality organization on the field in 2014. The Centurions will be participating at I&E this year in Rochester in all categories. The corps is still active and will continue limited practices to prepare for local performance and I&E. We are already working on having a bigger and better corps for the 2015 DCA season.

Sorry to hear this. Good luck for your return next season.

Just a thought: it's always easier to hang on to a loyal base (ala Bush 2011-2012 cycle) than to start all over (ala Sky and Brigs).

Give your existing members something to hold on to. Did you ever think of playing your existing show (no matter how far the drill got) as an ALUMNI corps? You can practice all summer for parades, exhibitions, grand openings, mini, alumni, I & E, and you go to Rochester and do what you can.

I don't know how far you can cut you expenses, but if "the numbers" just aren't there, it will be much more difficult when those number decrease further.

Best wishes.... I saw 2 corps do it....Bush and Sky !

Joe

I wasn't there for Bush's slog through 2011, but did go through 2012. The only reason we've been doing so well the past two years is the fact that we fought through it. 2012 set up the rebuilding process. Every obstacle and crisis was dealt with as it came and we just knew we would come out ok on the other side.Every possible means to keep the corps on the field helps set up the following season.

Edited by BushDad1213

I'm not sure if things have changed in DCA in the past few years, but a while back I was involved with an alumni corps and the Alumni Spectacular was by invite only (due to time constraints with the stadium needing to be cleared for the night show, only so many corps could perform), and none of the participants received any kind of performance fee. So, unless you got an invite and were willing to spend your own or your corps' funds to get yourself there, you were out of luck. Good luck to the Centurions, hopefully you will at least appear in mini corps? and look forward to seeing you in 2015 on the field!

>>

I'm not sure if things have changed in DCA in the past few years, but a while back I was involved with an alumni corps and the Alumni Spectacular was by invite only (due to time constraints with the stadium needing to be cleared for the night show, only so many corps could perform), and none of the participants received any kind of performance fee. So, unless you got an invite and were willing to spend your own or your corps' funds to get yourself there, you were out of luck. Good luck to the Centurions, hopefully you will at least appear in mini corps? and look forward to seeing you in 2015 on the field!

<<

As far as I know, it's still by "invite only" from DCA ... the corps do receive part of the gate $$ divided equally between all appearing corps ... at least that's the way I remember it ... not sure who the chairman is this year ... maybe they can chime in ...

:-)

Is it too late for Centurions to modify their program into a mini corps performance?

Joe's idea is BRILLIANT. :worthy: Do the Alumni spectactular and at least play in a standstill for an appreciative crowd. Why not? :thumbup:

Honestly, having done the thing as a finalist/Champion/Wannabe Champion/Mini-Corps/Alumni Corps/ Alumni Corps that became a finalist/ missed finalist my feedback would be:

Skip the Alumni thing. It's just what it sounds like, an alumni thing.

There are 1,000,000 venues during Championship weekend. Set up shop and play your ####s off. Maybe it's in the street, maybe it's mini-corps, maybe it's all of the above - think out of the box and amaze people. You have a whole summer to prepare.

Create your own venue and own it.

One more thing - never listen to me. I'm old and I've never had a good idea ever.