Fort Wayne Formication - 7/8/14

I find this really interesting. I really like this year's BD show, but I honestly liked their dada show and the re-rite of spring better. Not a BD homer, and I don't think they have ever had my favorite show in any given year, but I really like what they did in those shows. I know that is not a popular opinion. What is it about this year's BD show do you like better? Is it that it is less atonal/dissonant? Is it that there are more complete melodic phrasing? I admit my tastes are probably more esoteric than mosts. There are moments in this Fellini show that I love, but there are other segments I find a bit stale/boring. Interesting how different people have different tastes. I'm just glad that there is as much variety in DCI as there is.

I admit I'm more a fan of the melodic shows vs. atonal although I do like some atonal stuff (I mean, I'm a sax player...all our solo repertoire is atonal :) ) . That said, I just didn't care for dada or re-rite. I appreciated what they were doing and man was it performed well. I just prefer a different style. Something that is extremely well executed and really grabs me as an audience member. Agree 100% on your last point. Love that there are so many different tastes and so many corps that can appeal to all!

Same here. Re-write took me about 3 viewing to 'get' but it has turned out to be one of my favorites from 2013. And I'm a SCV fan.

Definitely liked Re-rite the more I saw it. By the time I saw it live in Allentown last year I got it but still didn't fully appeal to me. Crown had me at the first viewing last year. No one can question BD's creativity and uniqueness. It's very well done.

Liked 2013 BD better myself as well, but I know I'm in the minority on that. Felliniesque has it's moments but doesn't doesn't yet do it for me as a whole.

What was up with the mixing tonight on Fan Network? It's hilarious people making comments about the mix. People, it's not the corps it's Fan Network. I'm sure the Coats were perfectly tuned tonight.

Loved the new ending, and the pause at the end of the company front in the ballad. Also, a TON more dynamism from the hornline. Great job tonight. You will get to BD execution levels soon.

• Like 1

Same here. Re-write took me about 3 viewing to 'get' but it has turned out to be one of my favorites from 2013. And I'm a SCV fan.

I liked spring by the end of the year as well, but this show does little for me I can't get past the walking and park and barks...sorry

Go Blooooo