DCI Denton

I have MAJOR concerns for this show related to weather. Flood Watches have already been hoisted for the area starting early Thursday morning thru friday am. 2 to 4 inches of rain will be common with higher amounts likely. I will update this when the afternoon packages come out. Precious Roy, chime in with your take here too :):)

I have MAJOR concerns for this show related to weather. Flood Watches have already been hoisted for the area starting early Thursday morning thru friday am. 2 to 4 inches of rain will be common with higher amounts likely. I will update this when the afternoon packages come out. Precious Roy, chime in with your take here too :):)

The weather for this time of year has seemed strange to me. Usually around now we just get the occasional thunderhead that bubbles up in the afternoon. (If you're lucky, you might get some rain.) But, instead (even here in San Antonio) we've gotten several bouts of torrential rain that just keeps forming over an area and won't let go.
  • Like 1

Who all here was planning to go?

Had my seats right on the 50 :(

I was taking my entire family.. saved up for good seats too. With rain almost certain I might have well as wiped my arse with that $300+. I know there's nothing we can do about the weather, but the DCI rain out policy is a joke for working families. Why not at least offer tix to next years show on rain outs? Will never buy tixs to another DCI show EVER... just can't aford the $ risk.

If indeed the "global warming" proponents are correct, then the resulting changes in weather patterns may force a change in many policies -- "rain out" policies certainly not least. I know that this summer alone, 11 individual tornados have been reported in NY state -- FAR above the normal number. It makes me wonder if we are beginning to see only the tip of the iceberg (no contradictory pun intended).

Reading these comments from everyone here is so heartwrenching...I know EXACTLY how that feels...sorry all!!! tomorrow is still 24 hours away, seen LOTS of changes happen with systems like these in my career....you never know. here's hoping I can bring good news soon, or at least some ray of hope :(:(:(

• Like 1

If indeed the "global warming" proponents are correct, then the resulting changes in weather patterns may force a change in many policies -- "rain out" policies certainly not least. I know that this summer alone, 11 individual tornados have been reported in NY state -- FAR above the normal number. It makes me wonder if we are beginning to see only the tip of the iceberg (no contradictory pun intended).

Here's the thing about the whole "Global Warming" idea's....Personally, I'm not buying it, I think its mainly political fwiw. Too many factors involved, not nearly enough data to support either warming or cooling. We, as a human race, have only been keeping true data for 144 years now, of those 144 years how much of that is accurate?..maybe 50...maybe? then we are throwing those numbers into a supercomputer and expect it to tell us the future trends based on 50 to 144 years of data?? and how many years has the earth been in existence? All the computers on earth do not have enough horsepower to do especially with the lack of data. Al Gore said the polar ice caps would be completely melted by 2013...this year there is more ice on the ice caps that ever before on record. Look at the data, hard to challenge that fact. 4 out of the 5 last years have been getting colder and colder, there is hard data to support that too. Myself, I am trying to become a winter expert, there aren't that many simply because winter is the hardest weather to forecast. From everything I've seen, read, listened to people speak, studied, ect...we go through about 30 year cycles, or have for the past few hundred years or so at least. We went through cold cycles in the 50's, 60's and 70's. Warm through the 80's 90's and 2000's...are we turning down again?? remains to be seen. in a BIG picture like this, you can't look at 1 year specifically, you have to look at the big picture.

Sorry for the weather rant :ninja:

• Like 3