Shows this Weekend!

What happened to Shenandoah Sound? They aren't listed on this schedule or any other shows anymore?

Hi Chris,looks like your right ,i just checked the DCA list of shows coming up .And no Sheanadoah Sound ,i know they where listed for a few ,I guess they could not come up with the numbers to complete ??? I know a few years they where border line but always found people to help them out so they could remain active ,plus im sure they did the round robin of 4th of July parades .Sorry for the misspelling of the name been corrected

Edited by Florida Sun

Shenandoah Sound notified DCA and show hosts that we would be withdrawing from competition this season. I'll be releasing a full statement later, but let me say that our organization isn't going anywhere: we are financially and administratively stable. We'll be performing at some local gigs in August.

Yes, we did do the full slate of July 4th parades in Maryland and we had a blast!

I'll also say that our withdraw from DCA competition is unrelated to the cancellation of our home show. We had to axe the home show because there wasn't enough interest from other corps to attend our show.

Edited by Latrobe's Finest

Anthony .if i win the lottery i'll fly any corps in to do your show ,buy tickets for every weds and saturday drawnings .As they say you gotta be in it to win it .

Several shows this weekend, including finally having all of the Open Class corps with a score (Alliance competing this weekend). How do we think the weekend will turn out? My rankings are based on semi-educated guesses, video clips and general trends thus far this season.

Kiwanis Open

88.50 Caballeros

87.75 Buccaneers

85.25 Fusion Core

79.50 Hurricanes

73.75 Skyliners

73.00 Sunrisers

71.25 Windsor Regiment

Carolina Gold Southern Classic

77.50 Alliance

73.45 Carolina Gold

67.50 Sun Devils

A swing.. And a complete miss!!!!!

Shenandoah Sound notified DCA and show hosts that we would be withdrawing from competition this season. I'll be releasing a full statement later, but let me say that our organization isn't going anywhere: we are financially and administratively stable. We'll be performing at some local gigs in August.

Yes, we did do the full slate of July 4th parades in Maryland and we had a blast!

I'll also say that our withdraw from DCA competition is unrelated to the cancellation of our home show. We had to axe the home show because there wasn't enough interest from other corps to attend our show.

I always love the peeps at SS and the heart of SS. Here is to a great return next season :) Edited by camel lips

What Were Alliances penalties for??? 5.9 of them??? show not finished? entire corps step across the line?

From someone there ,there show just ended .no climax nothing not a park & bark nothing ,I would gather from that there show was incomplete .I guess that why the big penalties .Shame its mid july they should have been done and cleaning .Some one there did a review of the show ,was surpised at the ending .

From someone there ,there show just ended .no climax nothing not a park & bark nothing ,I would gather from that there show was incomplete .I guess that why the big penalties .Shame its mid july they should have been done and cleaning .Some one there did a review of the show ,was surpised at the ending .

My Guess was under time.

Alliance has traditionally always been a late bloomer corps.

In Late July 2009 they were Getting Beat by MCL AND CV at MCL's home show in Nashville but by Mid August they were able to amp it up and come back and beat them both.

The last year I saw Alliance live was 2010 . It was at the CV home show Early August. They had bodies crashing into each other and the forms were totally unreadable at times. The ending did not even sound memorized. By finals they looked like a entirely different corps finishing 7th at finals.

Edited by camel lips

oh i'll say whoever scores highest wins, then DCp will ##### either way

and I was right!